Box unopened

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I have my first box of Ramipril and it remains unopened and sat on my desk. My BP is 160/103 and I am 45 years old. The thought of taking this stuff for the rest of my life is causing me some concern. I am losing wait due to walking 30 minutes a day and I have changed my diet in an attempt to reduce BP so I do not have to start this medication. We shall see!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Im diabetic 47 years of age and need to take Ramipril my blood pressure has gone up and down over the last ten years, but the last three have been high.

I already have a dry cough due to being more prone to having one being a diabetic type 1.Just hope the tablet does not make it any worse.

• Posted

[quote:d500015d3f=\"Gumshoe\"]I wrestled with my 'borderline' BP for several years. I'm a non-smoker, hardly ever drink, eat a well balanced diet, walk for miles. I tried all kinds of regimes including homeopathy and health supplements. I tried yoga and various other relaxation techniques but in the end the genetics are what they are. There is some history of heart disease in the family, however, my grandmother was treated for high BP for more than fifty years and although she died of heart failure, she was in her 92nd year!

Ramipril has stabilised my BP and in turn I feel more relaxed which in turn means that my BP stays within safe readings.

Open the box.

Very best wishes.[/quote:d500015d3f]

• Posted

Hi, I have just been prescribed Ramipril but I am a vegetarian and have had to break open the gelatin capsule and take the powder inside. Does anyone know if this would affect the effectiveness of the dosage
  • Posted

I've just been prescribed Rampiril 5mg tablets.....such a teeny tiny tablet yet it could be saving my life :shock: My hbp was picked up on a chance reading when I went for my holiday jabs - 3 consecutive readings of 155/103 and I'm now on the tablets. I'm a 53-year old female and I too have a healthy diet and I don't smoke. I've had 3 tablets and (so far) no side effects yet.

I wouldn't dream of not taking them.

Regards to all

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.