BPH - are we sure there are no other options?

Posted , 20 users are following.

Sorry if this has been posted before or offends anyone, just wanted to have a constructive discussion about it since I am curious and frustrated.

I have been dealing with BPH and LUTS for a while now and have recently been exploring all the pharma, homeopathic and surgical options available to make the situation better. One topic I read about recently dealt with the idea of prostate massage which seems to help, as described in a paper from Columbia University that I just read. I learned about such a procedure done by a professional and also a way to do it at home.

I'm frustrated with my prostate, not clear why it grows and causes me not to be able to empty my bladder, so I am researching all options. I am in my late 50s and don't want to take meds for the rest of my life, or have to carry a catheter with me or pay $$$ for surgery that seems to work mostly but not permanently.

Does anyone have any theraputic commentary on this approach to managing a growing prostate?

0 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

are you sure the problem is your prostate? It could be Cauda Equina Nerves malfunctioning.

• Posted

Are you still thinking about what is more important? The inconvenience or money, or happiness for the rest of your life?

• Posted

HAS ANYONE TRIED SWITCHING FROM FLOMAX TO HERBS SUCH AS SAW PALMETTO ETC ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.