Brain fog?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello again everyone, I managed to make it back from my vacation in one piece, but now Mono is starting to rear its ugly head again. I'm on month 5 now, and I was just wondering what brain fog felt/feels like to you? I got 7 hours of sleep last night which is pretty normal for me lately, but I didn't feel very rested which is what I initially blamed it on alongside my anxiety. But I forgot what I was gonna say earlier when someone started talking before me and when I woke up I thought it was thought it was Friday instead of Thursday and now I'm worried it may be something worse than Mono or anxiety which is why I wanna know if any of you have experienced something similar with Mono.

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

oh yes ....the brain fog ! im constantly asking what day is it constantly cant find things keys phone etc. its all part of the virus i believe so dont worry. its great that you were able to go on vacation that is such s big deal ... you mustnt have it really bad if you were able to do that or maybe you have just recovered quickly . most of us on here are at month 10 or longer so give yourself some credit for making it !

• Posted

Hoping so much this awful brain fog lifts Lori and Alle, it really must be such a frightening thing to go through - it does seem for sure this can be a common symptom of the virus and (hard as it is I know) try to stay calm and not panic and remember that this will pass and you will feel better and more like yourself again as time goes on and your body recovers (which it will, fully).

Craig

• Posted

Hi Lori,

I'm just like that when it comes to the day and similar things... I was fine the week of my vacation, but my mono symptoms seem to worsen, get better, and then repeat, which that in itself scares me since everyone else seems to have constant symptoms while mine keep coming and going... I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Alle , The come and go is very normal. For me thats one of the hardest parts. Feeling like your getting better then the crap comes back. The zig zag nature of this virus is horrible . How its gone for me is once i get over a symptom and new one starts . Its a roller coaster ride from a horror movie .

• Posted

what month are you at ? i know the first 5 months i was ok some days then terrible some days then once i got diagnosed and quit workimg out it was bad every day ....really bad . i think everybody is unique in timing etc so we have to be patient .

• Posted

That's how it is for me. I'm currently at the end of month five, but it feels like it's been two years.

• Posted

Most definitely David a horror movie sounds about right!! But remember there IS hope and still believing FULL recovery is on its way for you thanks to Jesus - hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

Yep the zig zag pattern is the worse. You start to feel that this is the road to recovery or you think I'll settle for this as the worse you can be now and then the next day you have a knock back and feel dreadful again. The little mini viruses you have with this too are quite frustrating. You don't know if it's part of the virus or if you've caught something else that is going round. I've had clogged feeling in my ears the last few days but it has cleared now. This is the first time it has happened, but no idea why it's happened, whether it's part of This virus or a cold I've caught off someone. The only thing that's remained constant for me is the feeling in my head. It just will not shift and is the hardest part for me.

• Posted

Glad that your ears have unblocked Dodge, hoping it stays that way and don't have any more bother with that.

Yeah for sure it's the zig-zag nature which is so hard, it's mentally hard to deal with when you feel up after having a better few days only to feel worse again for seemingly no reason. It just drains you and takes confidence away, but when that happens just try to remember it's a normal course for this virus these ups and downs and that with time and eventually things do level out and get better and you don't experience these dips anymore.

Hang in there Dodge still thinking about you and hoping for a settled start to the New Year for you.

Craig

• Posted

How are you doing lori? Happy New Year! This is our year.

• Posted

doing much better fingers crossed ! my last crash was xmas day after a glass of wine in the afternoon but since then .... things have shifted.one day at a time is how im living for now. happy new year to you ! hope this is OUR year !!!

• Posted

Great to know you are doing much better lori. That is brilliant news.

I think I am having a mini crash this week as I am back at work after about a week off.

• Posted

yes i have even managed some exercising nothing too strenous just a few floor exercises etc . but its a start to getting back to my normal routine .

• Posted

Hi Alle,

don't worry about it, really! Brain fog was one of my big symptoms and its still there for me in some ways. It definitely makes me forgetful sometimes where ill be thinking of doing something and forget about it two seconds later. It also takes me a bit longer to process questions or responses or explain myself sometimes but it goes away with time. Just hang in and know you are not alone in this!

• Posted

Hey Dominika,

Hoping you are doing okay at the moment and had a good and settled Christmas and New Year period. Still believing that 2019 is going to be a much better year for you than 2018 and that any lingering symptoms like brain fog and fatigue and any down periods are going to fade away completely with time and as the year goes on - hoping and praying for that for you. And definitely take great confidence from all the amazing progress you have made in recent months - I think you really have shown great courage and taken steps forward - so hang in there and things are going to keep getting better!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.