Brain fog is ruining my life. Please help...

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 4 months ago. My employer kindly made reasonable adjustments by reducing my hours but because things didn't improve (mainly my cognitive ability to keep up with things) I was advised to resign. I was advised against my case going to a capability panel as the outcome wouldn't likely be in my favour. There was no where for me to be redeployed as there was no where for me to go.

So now I am unemployed and I feel totally lost. How am I meant to get another job if my brain won't take anything in? I do puzzles and quizzes to try and encourage my brain but I just can't do it. I have to work as I've just got a new house and a new car and my husband earns too much to claim any sort of benefit but not enough to live on.

I am so low at the moment. I've lost a job that I loved and I'm fed up of people saying that I shouldn't be miserable because I have the car; the house; the loving family...... I've just lost my identity and my contribution to society is just another unemployed waste of space......

Can anyone shine a light.....?

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

your not hun .try some collidaul gold supplement works well for brain fog in a lot of people. magneisum flakes in a bath helps easy muscles and doing relaxation for an hour a day with a self hypnosis cd will help imensley .

you can also take a look at the on line at brain training courses that help alot of sufferres back to a full recovery .

• Posted

I can empathise with you regarding loss of identity. I have recently applied to cut my hours and step down in my role at work. At first I found it difficult to accept but I now know that it is the right decision although it takes away part of 'me'. Brain fog can be debilitating and you are doing the right thing stimulating your brain by doing puzzles etc. I do think it was rather harsh of your employer asking you to resign especially with your financial commitments. Had you been off sick due to the fibro or involved the unions at all? Any referral to occupational health?
    • Posted

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. Occupational Health were very good with regular discussions on my progress (or not) and providing CBT counselling sessions. I had two weeks off sick in October with another week previously in May. Not excessive in my eyes.

Together with the fog I also feel spaced out all the time and I've had this for two years....! So frustrating. ...

• Posted

I was told that because my condition is chronic there isn't a way of foreseeing an improvement. My job was at a University and because the job was not suitable for part time there was no other way. Also I was part of a team of only two so I couldn't be redeployed anywhere else...
    • Posted

I find vit d3

magnesium

cod liver

vit b complex and .....

Coconut water which I mix with a pint of water and its full of potassium good for aches

loads of cabbage veg etc

try and get into volunteering cab, etc as you have valuable skills

I was a professional lost my job really collapsed into mh just coming out now due to volunteer work and joining art classes

see if you can find work that allows you work at home etc

• Posted

thats funny i crave cabbage . i use coconut milk ,i tried the water didnt like it

has any body tried hemp milk you can get it from sainsburys smile.

• Posted

Hi

fibrillation is classed as a disability therefore they can't ask you to resign until THWY HAVE PROVED THEY TAKEN ALL STEPS TO ACCOMODATE YOUR DISABILITY UNDER EMPLOYERS LEGAL REQUIREMENTS

you are entitled to free assessment by gov agencies

different hours fighting computors speech to text flicker screen chairs desks seating assistants

as for saying don't go to court as a disabled person you were effectifly discriminated against

hope you are getting all benefits you are entitled to car

pip car etc

• Posted

They had taken all the steps to accommodate my disability as far as I can see.

They couldnt allow me to carry on part time and I proved that i just couldn't do the job.

Menieres disease is a disability which I told them about before i was employed and they got me a voice recorder for meetings which was good for my hearing (or not) and also proved useful for my poor memory and slow minute taking skills for my Fibromyalgia.

They allowed me to reduce my hours on a temporary basis which lasted 3 months with no signs of improvement. ...

I'm not so sure I'd be entitled to any benefits as I can walk, talk and do things for myself. It's just my brain that doesn't work.

I don't think I have the energy to fight this anyway. These things can take months to resolve and in that time I have to find another job.....

• Posted

Your not alone precious, I have brain fog too, many of us do,,I am just waiting for my first bottle of Collodial Gold to arrive, hoping for good outcome. Realize it will take time too...I play lots of brain games too, Sometimes on the computer, like patience, does wonders to keep my fog away....like tiswas often talks about try that 'brain changing technique' that us awesome...:-) xx be blessed....
    • Posted

iv been takin gold with other supplements q10.b12.vit d and noticed nothing very much , but i was ill the other week so i stop everything no point putiing them in just to come out if you get my drift. 

when i was ok again i just stared back on my gold  planning to add the otheres one at a time which i always do when iv been ill because of having such a sensistive system .

and iv noticed the gold is working better for me on its own . so iv not added my other vits . so far so good . just thought it worth a mention it as you can over do vits like anything else .esp with a weaker system like fibro /me sufferers.cool

• Posted

Me again....I was just thinking..a university is a government job isn't it.? I was medically retired some 20odd years ago now from working for the state government...and live off my superannuation pension, which is better than a wage as it is tax free..as I paid tax on it before it went into to my superannuation... Better still it's indexed..just saying...they just couldn't find me a suitable job either so I was medically retired and put on Superannuation Pension,  they don't really like to do it to younger people I was 38 they classed that as young...anway, I was just thinking..hope it helps...we need our wages for sure..I am in Australia, don't know what it's like in other countries..be blessed..:-) xxx
    • Posted

Hi. I was only working at the university for 12 months so I'm not sure I'd be entitled to much In the way of a pension. It all adds up I know, but even if I'm deemed medically unfit to work the benefit payments won't be enough to pay my bills. I have no choice but to work!

It seems here in the UK that only immigrants or those with half a dozen children are the ones who don't have to work and can afford to live.....

• Posted

Here what your saying Stephanie...not much difference here...

About the Superannuation, even if you only worked there for a week and were paying into a super fund, you have full entitlement to a pension, hope you were paying into one precious...:-) xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.