Brain fog is ruining my life. Please help...

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 4 months ago. My employer kindly made reasonable adjustments by reducing my hours but because things didn't improve (mainly my cognitive ability to keep up with things) I was advised to resign. I was advised against my case going to a capability panel as the outcome wouldn't likely be in my favour. There was no where for me to be redeployed as there was no where for me to go.

So now I am unemployed and I feel totally lost. How am I meant to get another job if my brain won't take anything in? I do puzzles and quizzes to try and encourage my brain but I just can't do it. I have to work as I've just got a new house and a new car and my husband earns too much to claim any sort of benefit but not enough to live on.

I am so low at the moment. I've lost a job that I loved and I'm fed up of people saying that I shouldn't be miserable because I have the car; the house; the loving family...... I've just lost my identity and my contribution to society is just another unemployed waste of space......

Can anyone shine a light.....?

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had fibromyalgia since 1997.

I was for ed to leave work and Have tried to get I'll health pension. My consultant a.d Dr are continually sending reports Nd there is nothing

More can be done. I am very poorly. I gave up work 4 years ago.

My former employer has sent me to two occupational consultants independent who feel I should be able to get a job. I'm 59 next

• Posted

It's a real joke Carole, anyone assuming we can work with this rotten illness..when the doctor says we can't...try really hard  not to stress or worry about this,-easier said than done, but it changes absolutely nothing except make your symptoms worse..it's all connected..it's just the worst thing you can do..for extra pain etc...I really wish there was more information out there about Fibromyalgia and other issues that come along with it..maybe then we would be taken more seriously...hope you have a lovely day Mace, be blessed..:-) xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.