brain is shutting down head pressure i barely function cognitive issues

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi this is going to be long sorry...i hope i can find some help from others  i will try to explain my best....so it started with some issues after taking antibiotics for hpylori...ive had alot of freaky symptoms with no answer  ...while i was on the antibiotics i started to have weird palpitations,tingling hands ,feet,numb feet ,fuzzy brain and a full blast of what they call depersinalization after that i went trough so many weird vision stages i was completely separated from the world a few of those symptoms are gone my main issue right now and left with no answers is i completely lost all my memory i cant recall or visualize what happened yesterday and days before basically im disconnected from my brain ..i have severe brain pressure feels like acid inside my brain the harder the pressure leaves me in a state that i can not function at all my concentration is off my perssinality is gone i have a ton of eye floaters ,ringing ears ,tremos from head to toe specially when im drifting off to sleep,weird andrenaline in body and head ,fatigue,i just cant acces anything in my brain and function like a normal person,everything is so off my vision can not ficus in the outside world its like being drunk and nothing connects or syncs into my brain ,i have alot of muscke twitches i can never have a clear head body and soul,it just feels like my brain is shutting off leaving me in a scary state of confusion its just like my head is spinning so fast and i have no idea how to make it better ,nothing i do makes it better...im lost and left with no answers... i need my brain back i need my life back...im sure im forgetting alot more symptoms ....i just cant access info in my brain i feel brain dead..believe me im desperate ...its not anxiety its not depression its like i have poison in my brain   ..HELP

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

Have you ever heard of PPPD? Sounds quite similar to your symptoms. Best to see a Neurologist as soon as you can to get it sorted out you can recover from PPPD but it can take a little bit. Doctors can't really do much about this considering it sounds like a neurological disorder but just in case see a doctor and a neuro. I mean people on here can give you answers as to what it might be but at the end of the day you have some health concerns you should be seeing a professional about. Good luck. smile

• Posted

Ana I am very sorry for what you are going through, 5 yrs ago I went through something close to what you are talking about, my Dr did an MRI and my brain was swollen and they did not know why, I also had the ringing in my ear just one ear, it took 2 yrs for my brain to get back to working and still not completely, the ringing in my ear never went away and I have lost the use of it. I would like to know how your Dr is treating you, the brain takes a long time in my case, that may not be the case for you.
    • Posted

I feel veey dizzy like a drunk feeling everyday ...i feel like my brain is on acid like its shutting down my memory is gone out the window ...did /do you experience that ?? Were you detached from your self ?do you feel like your normal self ??? Were you taking any medecine around the time this happened?? Any antibiotics or ppis??sorry for the questions im feeling really low ,doctors cant find anything ,im taking vitamins but still not enough to get the brain to function normal...i feel very sick ....
  • Posted

Hey I had exactly similar stuff after using an antibiotic and went to er the third night of taking it q as I was shaking and had a BP of 18 over 10 or something with slight fever. I still haven't fully recovered as it's been 3 months now. Stop the antibiotics already. Drink tons of water each day. Check your b12 and vitamin d levels get a complete blood check if you haven't already.

I have couple of theories that these antibiotic reactions are either

Dysregulating hormonal balance (my cortisol levels are a bit higher than reference range and I have no idea what is used to normally be as I never had it checked)

Nervous system Dysregulation which I hope balances itself at some point

Creates histamine or antibodies in our bodies causing all kinds of reactions

How long has it been for you? Does it vary based on time of day?

• Posted

Its been 5 months and alot of weird symptoms keep coming up im always dizzy drunk feeling and confused with memory loss night time lifts a little i guess.what are your symptoms ?

• Posted

i am having this EXACT THING, fatigue to the point i feel like im dying..brain feels like it stops when i close my eyes and its horrible. i also feel horribly fatigued and can NEVER get energy.

• Posted

Hi,I know this post is old,but did you ever find out what is wrong.I am going through this now after taking antibiotics.All the same symptoms except I also have constant jaw clenching and have experienced insomnia and disrupted sleep patterns.It hurts my head to watch t.v. or read.Even going outside now the light hurts my eyes like i'm having knives stabbed into my eyes.Also muscle weakness.

• Posted

me too, my brain feels like its shutting down, gets worst when i go to sleep i feel like it stops working. i have memory problems and HORRIBLE fatigue and can never get energy and my whole body hurts and my jaws hurt really bad

• Posted

Hi!

Would you be able to give an update.

I have been having the exact same symptoms and it has been so difficult for me for the past few months. It can be so lonely because people don't understand what you are going through because you look "normal" on the outside, but you are experience such extreme symptoms. I read your symptoms and immediately resonated. Doctors have not been able to tell me what's wrong with me either after countless trips to the doctors, ER etc..........if they have diagnosed you, can you please give an update again. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.