Brain Slam

Posted , 5 users are following.

yeah, that’s how it feels when you lose your child, have knee replacement surgery that makes you feel worse and will probably have surgery on other knee soon.  

Getting out of bed every day is really a challenge.  Feel useless and tired all the time.

already on antidepressants, anti anxiety and pain Meds.

feeling hopeless 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ah i hope you can feel better soon. I dont have the same feelings as u, i always think there are people far worse off, i lost my 4 yeara ago and 8nthink im still alive... i wont take antidepressants as 8nthink they can make you worse , try to think more positively. Yes we feel useless and everyhting id a challange but imhopin at the end of all this it will be worth it x
  • Posted

Ah, I feel for you, we've all felt fed up and useless through this. I'm not saying for a minute that it's anything like depression,, I've seen people go through that. Please try and look to the future when this will all be a distant memory. Take care of yourself x

• Posted

Judy, so sorry you are feeling this way. I feel you need to talk to a counsellor as you have more than one thing to deal with and if the meds are not working then maybe they need changing. You will never get over the loss of your child but in time you will start to live again. 

​The knee will get better in time but its a long road from what I hear, not had knee done yet just hip. 

​We are here to support you but you do need to speak to professionals

• Posted

Im so sorry ive just looked at my spelling and its terrible, i ment to say i lost my husband 4 years ago.. it is a long rd back afyter a tkr. Im worse in the evenings it seems to be so much more painful... does anyone know by the way if its very  painful to have these staples out , they r coming out in the morning. I cant even bear my finger touchin my knee let alone the nurse in the mornin taking staples out... do they freeze it at all any info will give me an idea thanks xx
    • Posted

They just use a staple remover it doesn't hurt the device is like a pair of blunt scissors. It just slips under the staple and the top part comes down and bends the staple in the middle which forces both sides to move upwards away from your skin. Most of mine came out pain free but some may have embedded a bit so sting slightly but not painful. They don't freeze it X 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.