Brain tumor or overthinking?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Basically over the past few weeks or so I've had a constant light headed with a few headaches. Anyway around 6weeks ago I had a migraine( rarely get them) then a few days later I got a cold. So I'm not sure if The lightheadedness has came from the cold, migraine or something worse

So yeah, me being the 18yr old worrier I am, Is worried that because I've had it for 6weeks now, I could have something serious like a brain tumor.. I have little history of cancer in my family other than my grandad who had prostate cancer and all in all I'm a generally healthy person who never gets headaches or dizziness

I know I may be overreacting but I can't help myself! I've got an appointment at the doctors on the 16th but I'm still very anxious..

So could anyone help with my symptoms and maybe reassure me a little?

-constant lightheaded/dizziness(although still have balance)

-minor headaches(more like a throbbing)

or could someone who knows more about 'tumor' symptoms reassure me?

Appreciate your replies

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Daniel don't think anything to worry about ,go have eye test first off. That shows up everything ,even before a dr ,but again don't think again in your case it will be ,lot on various threads to Dizzyness / Balance you will see it's fairly common ,I suggest have a good read up ,I've had it for 3 years now ,4 eye test over 9 years ,nothing untoward for me ,It's a complete mystery as you will find on here .

Go book up eye test. Get the eye pressure done ,all of that ,then tell the optician  about your symptoms .your be fine.,but go get it done .sooner done less worry .

• Posted

Il book an eye test after my doctors appointment/ I'm guessing he might suggest that himself too, maybe

But the slight headaches as well as the dizziness? Is that also common

Il try and not over think, see my doctor, see an optician, thankyou for your advice!

• Posted

I suffer from my sinuses Daniel ,so I get head pain anyway .Let dr have a look ,but get that eye test in ,I've got tinnitus going on ,so tell dr all ,same for optician .Yours may just stop  as it began .Get back let's know if anything what's told to you ,may help others .all info helps what's said and done .
  • Posted

Brain tumors rarely cause headaches and you would usually have serious disability like memory problems doing weird things and weakness in 1
    • Posted

I know it's been a year... but I want to clarify, for anyone else reading this. Headache is one of the #1 signs of a brain tumor. Just google "signs of a brain tumor"

• Posted

its also states online that its rare to get headaches with brain tumour because the tumour had to be so big that it causes pressure on the brain so before headache you will suffer with more neurological symptoms such as weakness and nerves in your body 
  • Posted

hi sorry about the messages my phone kept messing up so now on the laptop i will start again brain tumors raely cause headaches and if you get headaches from brain tumors they are usually worse when laying down and are usually accompanyed by vomiting and things like weakness in 1 side of the body and doin strange things memory loss and disturbed vision but headaches are rare and so are brain tumors headaches only occur when the tumor gets big enough to put pressure on the brain im sure you have nothing to worry about i used to worry about having tumors cause had headaches every day for the last 2 weeks but think its a side effect from my medication and if your concerned about your headaches go to the doctors and ask them to check behind your eyes and check your reflexs then they will no weather to send you for an mri or not 
    • Posted

Thanks Shelby, you've gave me a little more insight knowing that I'm not being sick/ weakness or any other symptomsis reassuring, and when I lie down the dizziness/headaches seem bettersmile I'll just hold out until my appointment and il update the thread on what's said
    • Posted

I'm glad you feel more at ease and I'm sure your doctors appointment will go fine
  • Posted

I really hope you dont end up on here, there are a load of us with dizziness problems.  They are caused by different reasons but none of them life threatening.  Dizziness is a common symptom for bad sinuses and a cold and lots of other stuff.  Unfortunately Ive got silent migraine, which I hadnt heard of before.  Its mostly dizziness but funny feelings in all different parts of your head and neck.  Ive got pins and needles in diff parts and they come and go.  See the GP and get an eye test, then a scan and blood test.  Then if all clear which I am sure it will be, you get into trying to resolve the dizziness.  It can sometimes be cured with different tablets, but you might need to see a neurologist.  Its a very common symptom and trying to tie it down to one thing is tricky but its really really common.  I am sure you are fine.  You are doing the right thing by seeing the doc.  Best wishes Paula
    • Posted

Paula ,look up b12 deficiency ,that gives you these symptoms ,I'm in the prossess of taking them ,look up B12 .think this can be a big problem as to the balance .Drs don't look at it enough as the cause .Lots have this balance ,and not connected this .
  • Posted

This post is also late but I have info on brain tumors since I have two.

Typically, when a person is found to have a brain tumor, it is often an accidential finding or it is found after the first very common symptom, sudden onset of seizures.

Headaches can be associated with tumors, but as I have seen, they tend to be more "hangover" like in character; as they are strongest upon waking and get lighter as the day goes on.

They can also cause other symptoms depending on where in the brain the tumor is located. Vertigo- inner ear, behavior- frontal lobe, aggression or anxiety- temporal lobe for just a few vague examples.

As the tumors grow in size ( if at all ) the symptoms will become stronger.

If your symptoms are not constant, do not interrupt your life, or prevent you from doing anything you normally do, then you should not worry. However, you know your own body, if you feel that something is wrong then see your doctor.

• Posted

I know this is an old post but for other people looking it up I think you might have physical symptoms of anxiety. I get them too. Try breathing techniques.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.