Brain tumour fear just won't go away?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've posted numerous times about my brain tumour fear and how it's affecting me and although the fear subsided, I'm now scared again. The symptoms I had before have now gone, but I now have this tremor in my left arm which was the same side my eye was being stupid.

It came on this morning after carrying an A3 sketch book to school, it would only happen when I bent my arm up to my face then my hand would shake and my bicep was shaking too. It stopped half way through the day, but I've now carried it home again and it's back? Do you think this is a brain tumour or just because my muscle was locked into contracting for 20+ minutes each way?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Were you diagnosed with a brain tumor? If not it's probably your mind playing tricks o nyou and perhaps the tension from your sktch book put a strain on your arm/shoulder causing you to have tremors.
    • Posted

I hope so, I'm going to check when this tremor comes and goes and see what affects it.
    • Posted

Have you been diagnosed with one? Have you been to the doctor? If you are concerned you could always go get a check up. I have tremors/twitches all the time in my thumb and eye that are bengin and nothing to worry about. It's just from my system getting overloaded with stress lol
    • Posted

No, I haven't been diagnosed or been to the Doctor. I have an obsession with health. And I guess it might just be mind. I'm a bit afraid of the Doctor's, I'm scared they are going to tell me something IS wrong or give me a misdiagnosis. I'm terrible really lol.
    • Posted

Chronic worry is no way to live.  You are suffering something horrible from a disease of chronic worry and terrific ongoing anxiety.  It's sucking the life out of you.  I strongly suggest you find a way to get into some intensive therapy to begin to unravel what's causing these horrible anxiety and preocccupation with serious illnesses.  I had suffered the same thing years ago and couldn't rest east for a moment.  Medication and talk therapy helped me reshape my attitude and thinking and brought me closer to comfort.  That's  what you really need to think about instead of the specificss and symptoms of cancer.  You should not have to suffer like this.
    • Posted

I'm getting help soon, on Sunday I'm going to a new counsellor so helpfully it'll help me. Thanks for your reply Jim. I really appreciate it.
    • Posted

Hi Jim you sound like u been there and done it just a bit of advice please

I've had anxitey for 2 years now tried loads of meds with no joy been on sertraline 14 weeks now and still get negative thoughts that make me feel low had cbt counciling Hypnotherpy and still no joy

• Posted

Jsut try to relax. I know you are young and healthy. Nothin can happen at the age o f 14 wink
    • Posted

It sounds like you have hypochondria like me...and it's a REAL disorder that can be treated with therapy and meds but you need to see a doctor first

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.