Breaking The Cycle of Alcohol

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi Paper Fairy. I text you earllier this morning so no point in going over that one again (you can always have a quick look if you are interested)Being Ultra Sensitive-similar to you Things hurt and Fester in my head until I can't stand it anymore-so I have a  glass of Wine to Dull the Thinking (Obliivion) At this moment I am  on my fourth bottle of Wine ( the last I have at home) I have to walk to the nearest shop to get some more ! Please Paper Fairy or Missy 2 Some advise would be very much welcomed.Oh by the way did any ony pick up on the Quantifiable surely it should have read Qualify for Whatever

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You somehow have to find the strength to stop. By a detox( tho that's virtually impossible in most counties now. You have to call a dr this afternoon, and yes if the receptionist says "only emergencies". Then say it is an emergency..AS IT IS. You could die if you carry on, fall downstairs and break your neck or vomit in your sleep, to name 2 common premature deaths, plus stroke or heart attack. An emergency dr will call after duty. 

I can't advice you on meds as I'm not a medical person but you could private message Paul or Joanne. I have talked to Paul in the past and he has helped me.

Ideally the dr should give Diazapam or similar to help with withdrawals. Or if nothing else, just buy the lowest cider or beer, watered down wine(lots of ice I use) over several days . Taper down but do not just STOP, this is too dangerous and can cause seizures. 

Then you could try naltrexone, nalmephene or campral. But you will need help from Joanna on how to go about this.

All the symptoms you have described will get worse. I know I've been there and wouldn't wish them on anyone..

Please please make some positive steps today. Don't give up trying as life is precious. Wishing you all the luck and best wishes in the world. You can be happy again xx

• Posted

Hi, i know exactly what your going through. Im currently withdrawling. On my second day which to be honest has been very very unplesent. Ive done it before though so know i can do it again.

The only succussful way for me is to be locked in the house under supervison of my dad gradully reducing my alcohol intake.

It is really such a hard thing to do and no one understands this but its possible. Im still craving like mad so this isnt easy at all. Take care sweetie xx

• Posted

Hi...you wrote this 7 hours ago...possibly you are sleeping now. sad.

​The reason I didn't see this is because I am sober and I was out giving my 77 year old Dad a ride.  There is such freedom in me not being tied to the bottle.

​I have great sympathy for you and other people (like me) that are or were stuck in the vicious cycle of this alcoholic H*LL.  I also have the "hampster running around the wheel in my head" with the same thoughts over and over and that is also one of the reasons I drank...with the worry..and anxiety taking over my body...and the drink made it better for a little while.

​But, when we stop drinking the anxiety is 100X worse because of the biochemical process in our bodies and brain.  BUT...it PASSES. 

​4 bottles of wine is quite alot and if you went to get more oh God.....For me...I finally realized I was dying....I finally called the hospital on myself...I knew I needed a medical detox.  It sounds like you would need a medical detox too. 

​I'm so sorry you are going thru this.  I would say...set a date for yourself to commit to going into a hospital.  If the UK is not understanding about alcohol use....than don't call for that...tell them you feel like your dying.....(that's what I did).  I didn't call them and tell them I was drinking too much.  I said I felt like I was dying...and that my heart was racing (I was super drunk)....

​The ambulance came....and noticed I was drinking.....BUT that is not what the CALL was for....so they had to have me examined in the Emergency center.  During that examination...they took blood and realized I was in really bad shape....started giving me intraveneous fluids and medication to assist in my detox. 

​If I had called and said I was drunk and wanted to get sober....they have a different section in the hospital...where they just place you until you sober up with no medication....and no IV fluids...and send you home in like 12 hours...where you feel so horrible that you DRINK again.

​Because I was on the "medical side" of the hospital...I got the IVS...and they realized of course I was drunk....started asking questions about my drinking...and started telling me that is WHY I was in the shape I was...I just acted oblivious...and I was so scared I was going to die without the alcohol.

​I hope you call for some help...because once you get by and get medical treatment I promise you will enjoy living again...so much that you won't want to go near alcohol.

• Posted

Hi Susan, I agree with Missy and the others that 4 bottles are too much and I would not have coped at the time when I was drinking...i am a bit heavy guy 6 foot 3 but never mind as long as you try to sober up with pepsi, the or anything...best of luck! Robin
  • Posted

Hi my friends (who don't have a note pad recording  the amount of the  ALCOHOL I've  drunk  H E is the most patronising Person i have.ever contacted - So night night my friends.I think i prefer Female Logic.Males Get it all wrong.Love Sue X
    • Posted

Susan

sorry for late reply but only just seen this post.

You asked for help and have been given some excellent advise. However help comes in different ways. Some posts cheer you up, some make you feel guilty, loads empathise and then some tell it as it is.

• Posted

Sorry, my iPad is playing up

wanted to add I certainly don't have a notebook recording how much you drink. I was merely giving what I thought was helpful advice. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Good luck

• Posted

Brilliant advice everyone and well done Susan, Sarah, and everyone, incl me for making positive steps to a new healthy happy life xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.