Now many chats I have on my daily saunter down the road

They know my dog by name

Yet  I am called Bailey’s mum

Better that than person unknown.

7 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You say in this all that we are feeling Maggers..loved it...well done you!

Big day today, I finally got to see the senior GP.  Armed with my helpful list (a mile long) of all symptoms over the past few years,..highlighting the fibro connection.  I was about to say, 'How about a Rheumatology referral', but he preempted me.  'Blood test NOW, for vit D. ANA, iron levels and a whole lot more (they took 4 vials from me!).  No, he couldn't refer me because 'they would expect all these tests to be ruled out and no stone left unturned before they would look at you'...which I had to accept.  He prescribed steroids 20mg 4 times a day for a week then stop.  See again in 10 days for blood results.  He then said, 'any pain in your arms and legs?' (may the Saints preserve us) ...and proceeded to grab my limbs in a vice-like handful.  He didn't know how close he came to being thumped (if I'd had the energy and power).  However, he saw the way I was walking, asked all about mobility...and sent me for an assessment for a parking permit, for which I am truly grateful...even if by some miracle I only needed it for a while. Finally, he said the previous likely diagnosis of Polymyalgia Rheumatica he agreed with, so felt a little disappointed that he didn't agree with ME despite absolutley not wanting to hear a positive FM reply.  So, I guess, like a you, it is like he says, 'A work in progress'.  Bad as I felt, couldn't help wishing him a stressfree and pleasant W/E ahead...he looked soooooo tired, and I was his first patient of the day!

Will keep you posted, but for now must get those pills sorted.

God bless you one and all

Chickabee

• Posted

Well done....it all takes a while to get to the ens result. All other symptoms and possibilities have to be ruled out first. You are on the right track.

One day at a time....look forward hearing on your progress.

Gentle hugs and have a positive weekend ahead. wink x

• Posted

Hi chickabee drs like to rule out all other conditions before they refer you a rheumatologist. then when you finally get to see him its more tests ugh. My reumatologist sent me for a bone scan more bloods done and did a pressure point test in diferent areas of my body. their are 18 pressure points I got the full 18. when the results came back I was low in vitamin d. he then said to me that it was definitly fibro. we have to go through all other tests before being refered to a rheummy to get a diagnoses. its a pain what we have to go through but you get their in the endsmile keep going you will get their hope you have a good weekend gentle hugs   
    • Posted

Urrgh...not looking forward to all those tests, but do need to put a label on this.  Meeting up with so many people who have it or know someone who does.  Stiff upper lip helps with some things, but I'd venture to say not with FM.  It leaves one so vulnerable, and knowing other out there are happy to commiserate and support is a huge comfort.

Every blessing

Chickabee

• Posted

Im so glad I found this forum the ladies on here have been great with support and advice you feel that you are not a lone any more as before I felt very isolated. the only people that understand how we are feeling what we are going through, is people that have this horrid condition. we are all in this togeather. togeather we will support each other through it take care gentle hugs 
  • Posted

Know what you mean about dogs....my Border Collie is so precious.  I like dogs because they are the epitome of how we, as humans, should be (apart from the bum sniffing thing!)

chuckles

Chickabee

• Posted

Hi chickabee I have a bichon frizze called charlie, hes my pride and joy. hes such a funny charecteur stamping his feet to get what he wants and he usually does especially by me. they bring you such joy he never fails to bring a smile to my facesmile hope you have a good weekend take care
    • Posted

Ahhh...my niece has a BF...his name is Reggie, super little dog, but has serious seperation anxiety issues.  They all have their unique characters.  Have had all sorts during my lifetime...13 dogs (bitches actually apart from one).  They became my 'babies' fulfilling all expectations, and bringing great joy.  Sad though when having to part.

Blessings

Chickabee

• Posted

Ahh I love the name reggiesmile charlie has the same problem has reggie anxiety issues he doesnt like being seperated from me, I think its a trait of bichons. charlies certainly a 1 off little monkey stamps his feet to get attention and to get his own way, which he does with me.they do bring us great joy he never fails to bring a smile to my face.Thats the 1 thing I dread the most when hes no longer here, but unfortunatly that comes to us all theirs no escapeing from it. take care
    • Posted

Where would we be without our little four legged friends. Their unconditional love is amazing.  When I fostered years ago a little girl with severe emotional/behavioural difficulties used to attend a special school as main stream were unable to cope with her.  She came home from school and threw her arms around one of the dogs and said "I really love Morgie she doesn't care what sort of day I have had she loves me anyway and she is always pleased to see me"  That is the wonder of dogs. Even little people understand their value.
    • Posted

I wouldnt be with out charlie he never leaves my side, their was a knock on my door yesterday when my son answeared it 1 of our neighbours little boy was standing their. he said can I see charlie please and stroke him he said I like charlie. this little is 4. If he is out playing and sees my husband with charlie, he stops playing and heads for charlie. its amazing the affect dogs have on not only adults but children. smile 
    • Posted

How lovely - so many children are scared of dogs. There is a lady who walks down our road with her children and if I meet her with the dog she drags the children out to the middle of the road to avoid us. I am sure cars coming down the road would be more dangerous than walking past my retriever.  She is teaching her children to be fearful of dogs.
    • Posted

she is being so silly behaving in that way, poor kids are going to frightened of any dogs they should see rolleyes honestly some people Id sooner take my chance with a dog than a car

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.