Brief Update

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All,

I havent been onto the forum for a while and I apologise in advance if anyone was awaiting updates on how the alkaline drops were working for me. My condition seems to have settled right down and whilst I still have to apply a bit of epiderm moisturiser ointment after showers, I no longer seem to have flares/rashes.

I continue to drink lots of water throughout the day, with a few drops of the alkaline drops in each glass. I have also been taking a supplement called Serrapeptase which was recommended as a natural, anti-inflammatory pain relieving enzyme. If you google what is Serrapeptase you will find out more. If you decide to try then please ensure you get the ones that are "enteric coated" to allow them to pass safely through the stomach before dissolving as this is where they provide max benefit. They are to be taken on an empty stomach so I take last thing at night with a big glass of alkaline water.

I can only tell you that lots of water and the Serrapeptase seem to have brought my skin under control and back to normal. I also read the other day that 80% of our immune system may be contained within our stomachs/intestines so I have ordered some high quality acidophilus which I will be taking to keep this as healthy and balanced as possible.

Hope my insights assist and I will make sure I look out for any questions in the near future.

Hope we can all find healing.

Nick

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Nick

That is excellent news!

Do you mind if I ask how long you were / have been taking the drops for? I took them daily, for two months but they made no difference and I'm still suffering from hives which cover my hands and wrists when I wake everyday!

Sigh

• Posted

Hi, I have been taking the drops for a while now, i would say approx 12 months, I have found drinking lots of water has been been a big health and I continue to make a habit of regular glasses of water throughout my day. I am sorry to hear you havent seen an improvement to your hives, I would suggest you keep drinking lots of water, in my opinion it can do no harm and keeps you body hydrated with the potential to balance itself. Have you noticed any specific triggers? Are you taking any other meds/supplements?

Nick

• Posted

Hi Nick

I start the day with green tea, sometimes an espresso, but then I just drink water (1.5-2ltrs) per day. I've always been a big water drinker.

I can't say I've spotted a particular trigger... White wine / cava certainly makes them worse but I can go weeks without having that to drink yet I sti wake daily with hives on my hands and wrists. I tend to eat them same thing every day Mon - Fri as a test but some days are stil worse than others so it is entirely baffling.

I'm not on any meds and anti histiminea make me break out even more.

It all started at the end of June 2014 when I changed jobs ( to a place / position that I'm not happy at ) and at the same time we were putting our home on the market whilst buying a new home ... So j put it down to stress ... But 7 months later?? Settled in new home, still at the job but not enjoying it... I'm not feeling stressed?

Who knows ... My doctor isn't interested and when I said I react to the antihistamines she just turned to me and said I've never heard of anyone being allergic to antihistamines ... And that was the end of the consultation!

• Posted

please look into histamine intolerance. Antihistimines and green tea are two things that inhibit function of the enzyme (diamine oxidase0 that breaks down histamine. Perhaps Nick's treatment is working because he is rebuilding a healthy gut flora. This is my approach too. Starting with low histamine diet and just ordered the diamine oxidase enzyme supplement. Hives are becoming more mild. Still daily, but less. Good Luck!
    • Posted

hi Thoris

How did the diamine oxidase enzyme supplement work for you?

thanks

wendy

• Posted

Hi Nikey 30. 

An an interesting treatment. Have you ever had your serum urate ( uric acid) checked? At one point I did think that my itching related to changes in my urate. I had a urate level of  nearly 1000 but surprisingly little joint pain although gout deposits appeared after a medication change. Lots of water, alkalinising my urine and cherry juice led to a halving of the urTe and a doubling of my kidney function.

uric acid is I think about  100 times more soluble in alkaline urine than at pH 5.5 mildly acidic tart Olson known as sour cherry also has natural painkilling powers. I use lemon juice to alkalinising my urine the citrate in it is sufficient to make urine alkaline. Use a straw or you will have no teeth!

sadly many members of the group will have completely different problems.

• Posted

Hi Norman,

I read your comments with interest. So from what I can gather from your comments you have also found moving your body towards an alkaline state useful for your condition, and you are doing this via lemon juice? Can I ask what form of lemon juice are you taking?

Thanks

Nick

• Posted

Freshly squeezed and diluted with water. The citrate helps to keep urine alkaline, sounds odd, one thinks of lemons as acid but chemical changes sort it.

i am always keen to keep my immune system in good shape. I don't approve of vitamin pills with the exception of 1000 micrograms of vitamin D. Not enough sun to make one's own! Lots of different fruits and veg, one Brazil nut a day for selenium and I plan holidays a year in advance as a stress management method (I also get great holidays.

recently I had shingles, pain +++, lost sleep +++ and that let in a second and third infection! recovery is slow but I will get there.

• Posted

Hi Norman

i am so sorry to hear about you having shingles on top of the urticaria! I cannot imagine!

How much fresh lemon juice do you put in a glass of water and how much per day.  Has this actually helped the hives? I just bought some sour cherry juice ...do you drink it straight or diluted?

thank you for sharing!

Best

Wendy

• Posted

actually the juice i have is red tart cherry juice. Just don't know how much and how to consume.

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Norman

Thanks for letting me know. I also take vitamin D as a way of boosting the immune system.

So sorry to hear you have had shingles, I have heard they are not pleasant, I suffered with chicken pox in my early 20's and that took me out for weeks. I hope you get your recovery very soon. I will experiment with the lemon juice so thanks for the guidance.

Best

Nick

• Posted

The juice of 2 lemons, each mixed with about 300 mls water.

max cherry juice is 100 mls, followed by water. If you drink too much it is laxative

• Posted

Hi Norman

I'm sorry but how much is 300 mls water? And 100 mls? In ounces.

thank you!

Wendy

• Posted

citrus is high in histamine, though lemon is at the low end. Curious if this will make urticaria worse. . . ? Histamine is high in fermented foods and citrus, pineapple, vinegar. . . seemingly acidic foods. But, I have heard of this idea of becoming more alkaline is good. I have some homework to do! Thank you.
    • Posted

Hello Thoris

How are you doing? i hope all is well.  Have not heard from you in awhile. Did you ever find out about alkaline if it's good for uticaria?

Wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.