Brief Update

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All,

I havent been onto the forum for a while and I apologise in advance if anyone was awaiting updates on how the alkaline drops were working for me. My condition seems to have settled right down and whilst I still have to apply a bit of epiderm moisturiser ointment after showers, I no longer seem to have flares/rashes.

I continue to drink lots of water throughout the day, with a few drops of the alkaline drops in each glass. I have also been taking a supplement called Serrapeptase which was recommended as a natural, anti-inflammatory pain relieving enzyme. If you google what is Serrapeptase you will find out more. If you decide to try then please ensure you get the ones that are "enteric coated" to allow them to pass safely through the stomach before dissolving as this is where they provide max benefit. They are to be taken on an empty stomach so I take last thing at night with a big glass of alkaline water.

I can only tell you that lots of water and the Serrapeptase seem to have brought my skin under control and back to normal. I also read the other day that 80% of our immune system may be contained within our stomachs/intestines so I have ordered some high quality acidophilus which I will be taking to keep this as healthy and balanced as possible.

Hope my insights assist and I will make sure I look out for any questions in the near future.

Hope we can all find healing.

Nick

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Tart cherry juice, also known as sour cherry - sorry for not catching my iPad making incorrect changes
  • Posted

Hi Nikey

thank you so much for your reply.  I think the more we all share the better off we will be as the doctors do not have the help we all need and that is to try and find a cure or cause for Chronic Idopathic Urticaria.  I know mine is brought on probably by stress.  I also agree about the stomach and intestines.  When I had a colonoscopy last October  3 days after I had no hives....cleansing of colon and intestines took away all hives...then slowly they came  back.....sadly.  I will look into the Serrapeptase and acidophilus.  Something else..a friend of mine went through a very stressful time caring for her very sick Mom.....she started having the hives....the doctor checked her for Lyme  disease and gave her doxycycline .......not sure of spelling.she took the meds... Turns out she did not have Lyme disease ......but all her hives went away and they have not returned!!  She recommended me to ask my doctor for the meds but they declined saying they didn't think it would help its only for Lyme .........but it helped her!.........

lets all keep in touch!

thank you!

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

I can concur with your comments regarding the cleansing of the colon as I took myself for a colonic approx 15 months ago, I had read that our bodies store alot of toxins and some more than others so I thought I would give it a try. I have to say that the following the treatment (I had 3 over a month, that I felt both better generally but this also seemed to help my skin. Its very hard when you are doing a few things at the same time to determine which has helped more than others. On the basis of the colonic treatment being good for overall health then I see no reason not to have it done as this is an excellent way to get rid of the nasties that build up in our bodies. I will certainly be going back again for another soon.

Regards

Nick

• Posted

The immune system is complex beyond belief. This means that there are likely to be many variants leading to a similar skin reaction. It also means that what works for one person may not do so for another.

the colon contains billions of bacteria, some of which may not yet have been properly identified. Whereas these bacteria were considered to be mere passengers this is not so. There is now a concept of the biome, which is cooperation between those bugs and our immune system. If you can access the New Scientist there have been quite a few articles about this. Thin mice have different bacteria to fat mice and swapping them leads to weight changes in the recipient.

at this stage the best idea is to exchange information. Patients can make powerful observations but it may be difficult to find a doctor who listens. However a body of observations might stimulate a good doctor to ask why.

my first bout of pruritis occurred 40 years ago I was a healthy donor of white blood cells and gave many donations but each episode led to my being given a starch compound and then pow, one day the most dreadful aquagenic pruritis. Personal research led to my discovering that this starch could accumulate in liver immune cells and some may still be there. Eventually my case was written up and the pruritis is accepted as a potential side effect. The pruritis resolved after months but I remain at risk for a rare liver cancer.

• Posted

Doxycycline ia an antibiotic with powerful antiinflammatory side effects. Those side effects are useful in people with acne, where the drug is widely used. However, long-term antibiotics is not without risk. I would pay close attention to my liefestyle/diet aiming to minimise inflammation.
    • Posted

Yes......I do want to try to heal naturally.  I was just on Dapsone for a few weeks but just had to stop immediately as my red blood cells became very low......I'm very concerned about that....the doctors had to put me back on prednisone to help that situation until the red cells improve.  The Dapsone did work as far as no hives.....but did not work for me for staying on it. I need to find out the foods that will minimize inflammation..........I have put so many drugs into my body to try to stop this Chronic Urticaria........

thank you

wendy

• Posted

hi nikey please help me ive had chronic uctaria for 23 yrs its ruining my life ive been to a bupa doctor who has kept me on certirzine  for a while please help me.
  • Posted

Do make sure that your iron stores area normal, iron deficiency may cause itching and restless leg syndrome. Iron is not just used to make blood, it has many other roles. Usually iron deficiency is obvious, with anaemia, small red blood cells and a low serum ferritin. I had minimal anaemia, normal size red cells and a normal ferritin but that was because I had other health problems including heart failure and thyroid hormone deficiency. A clever haematologist spotted clues in other parameters and proved iron deficiency, an iv infusion of iron was a great help, restless legs cured, itching less. Sadly liver congestion caused by heart failure consequent upon a genetic    problem is restarting the itch. Itching has so many causes and it is difficult to find a doctor with a holistic approach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.