Bright red blood in urine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 46 years old and on many medications due to various illnesses. Last year, I was diagnosed with CKD Stage 3b. In the past 2 months, I have had bright red blood in my urine 2 separate times. I have to take a large dose of Coumadin daily due to blood clots. The bloody urine only lasted for one day each time but I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is called hematuria. Normally a scope is used to determine where you are bleeding from. Although I have hematuria, I have a burning sensation in my penis. I have not had any scope used on me, in the past.

When I told my doctor I had that burning sensation, he assumed I had a UTI, I was tested for it, and the test showed no infection.

I don't know if there is currently for hematuria, but you should ask your doctor.

Warfarin should not be causing blood in your urine. I was on blood thinners for about 6years, but I never had blood in my urine. Nose Bleeds were.common. Some caused me to go to the hospital because I couldn't stop the blood from pouring out of my nose.

My suggestion is to seek the advice from the doctor that gave you the blood thinners.

Good luck in finding the cause of your bloody urine.

• Posted

Thanks, I haven't had any more so far. I figure that as long as it doesn't happen again beforehand, I'll just tell my nephrologist at my 6 month appointment. Hopefully, it won't happen again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.