Broken stem

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm 46 years old and need a third hip replacement due to prednisone use for chemo when I was 21. I have had 3 surgeries postponed due to weird blood tests but finally discovered it's because I had my spleen removed. I found out today that my stem fractured, probably at least a week ago, but my new surgery, just scheduled today, won't be until next Monday. It's quite painful and I've been on Vicodin for close to a week. My family is upset, worried that this could be dangerous. Am l OK waiting a week? Not sure I have any choice. Thank you for any help.

3 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well, my operation was postponed for the fourth time because a needed machine to remove the cement was unavailable, first time every unavailable for my surgeon, lucky me! Hopefully will get in soon. Very tired of myself. This forum has been a blessing!
    • Posted

I am so sorry, as if you haven't had enough to deal with, so if I dare ask when are you having it now, tell them to buy a new machine :-) its not good enough, are you coping OK well as good as you can

• Posted

Thank you, doing even better since I just got a call that I'm back on the schedule for Friday. It'll be nice when I know the pain is from recovering and also a lot less stressful if we don't have to start all over with our deductible.

• Posted

That's good news, I'm sure Friday will go as planned and no more cancellations and by Monday you will feel great, no dancing though, wait till Tuesday LOL

• Posted

Hi Candice

So sorry to here about the 4th postponement.  Glad to hear you've got another date, I bet you are getting used to the routine better late than never.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and think about you on Friday.

When you start dancing I hope to join you ha ha ha.

All the best Brenda C

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.