Brown, stringy discharge

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sorry to be graphic here but I have developed a brown, stretchy discharge. It sounds silly but I'm not entirely sure where it is originating from and I am really worried. I have not had a period in 2 years and have never had so much as a spot of anything down there since. That is why I am so worried about this, which started yesterday. I did have unusual itching for a couple of days and thought I was getting thrush. however, last night, when I wiped after my pee, I noticed brownish stuff on the paper. I used a liner today and noticed a brown coloured stain on it after a couple of hours. Earlier tonight I wiped after my pee again and this brown mucous was there a bit more. I don't know if it's gynae related or if it's from my urinary tract. I am scheduled for a cystoscopy on Monday to investigate microscopic blood in urine. Could it be that this has increased and has now become visible? I can't see my GP until late next week. I do feel tender in the pubic area but have no temperature and otherwise feel well. I have not noticed a smell. Sorry if this is too much information but I am hoping someone will come along who has had similar. You worry about everything at this stage in life. x

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm just wondering because I was always sure that the microscopic blood in my urine was female related. It won't hurt to have the cystoscopy done of course but also ask for an ultrasound of your female parts if at all possible.

• Posted

I think the ultrasound I had done also gives a view of the ovaries but I will check up on that. My GP, back in September assumed I had a UTI cause I went to her with frequent urination. No other symptoms. No infection was found but traces of blood showed up in the urine sample she asked me for. Anyway, the frequency settled after about a week. I think it was due to extreme stress as my fiance had prostate issues at the same time and I was so worried about him. The urine was tested again in December and the blood was still there. It's not visible to the naked eye. My GP then said the protocol is cystoscopy followed by CT of upper and lower urinary tract. She didn't even seem to consider a gynae reason. I can book a scan of pelvic area including ovaries myself. It costs £99. I think if the urologist can find no cause for the blood when he views my bladder on Monday I will ask GP about a possible gynae cause. You assume doctors know best but maybe not all the time! I'm so glad you got good news from your scan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.