Bump on meatus.

Posted , 83 users are following.

Hello guys, I've had this swelling on the side of my meatus for about a half and a half now and have no idea what it is. I had a full spectrum STD screening except for herpes and it can back neagtive. I also did a seperate urine and blood test and they also came back negative. I got treated for a yeast infection, but that hasn't seemed to do anything. I'm really worried and would like some feedback, Thanks.

On a side note I've had other issues, such as erection issues, anal discomfort and lack of sex drive. Could any of this be related.

Heres a picture.

6 likes, 192 replies

192 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Let me also add, that I have been suffering from a tingling sensation sporadically on and off between my scrotum and my anus for some time now.
  • Posted

It is probably nothing; normal for you. It is the same colour as the rest of your glans and does not look inflamed.

You have yourself checked by "expert" [no doubt].  Please believe what they say. Your tests are negative so as you would expect really there is nothing to worry about.

• Posted

Further - the other things are probably not related to anything specific.  I sometimes think when we worry about something everything seems to be linked!
    • Posted

As you can imagine, I'm a very anxiety filled person and notice every little thing my body does.

However, the bump on my meatus protrudes quite alot and that picture doesn't quite capture it. I have no other symptoms and it seems to become more imflammed after sexual activity, turning pink and raw looking and looks insightly, which is causing me more anxiety then I already have.

• Posted

As a qualified Counsellor (but not in matters sexual) I can understand your anxieties and I think you should be discussing these  'peripheral' problems with someone who is trained to listen and guide you through your anxieties.  It is clear from the photograph that the lump on your meatus should not be there. Your erection problems are probably psychosamatic but, nonetheless need addresssing - as does the pain between anus and scrotum.  I wonder if investigations by the professionals have gone deep enough.

Do get further advice but I think I would rule out STD's  Good luck

• Posted

Thank you for your advice, and I agree on the anxiety part. I worry constantly about these issues and I think that may be the issue right there.

However, the 'bump' i phrased badly. It's more like a protrusion, I have it on both sides of the meatus yet on the right side it's more pronounced. It's more noticeable especially when I do have an erection - the tip of my penis seems to appear pink and almost raw looking (again on both sides, yet more pronounced on the right). I have a doctors appointment soon at my local GP, hopefully it will get sorted out then. 

• Posted

Hi Jared.

I suspect (and hope) that it's a local infection causing the swelling on the head of your penis.  Is it sore?  Is it pleasantly itchy?

I hope  your GP understands you as a 'whole'

Jon

• Posted

It is sore is any way whatsoever. The head does get dry very easily and not specifically always on the tip. The head does itch very occasionally around the base and on the tip rarely. I thought it was a yeast infection prior, however after using a cream the GP gave me (prescribed twice, I should add. One by a GUM and the second by a GP) it has not subsided. 
    • Posted

Hey, I was on and have read the three year post of you and Jared sharing the same issue pretty much without the anxiety but I’m courteous if you or him has found any real conclusions to the story because I’m on the same boat paddling away . 

Thanks even if you can’t reply

• Posted

Jared, Hi

Do you think it might be Balanitis?  The head of my cock and foresin are just as you describe although I don't have the swelling as you do around the 'slit'  My GP gave me cream and it worked after 2 weeks.  Told it can return though. I am also told to wash the head wih just water making sure that the foreskin is pulled right back- no soap or shower gel.  You can read about balanitis on Wikepedia. However, that won't explain the balls to anus feeling but could sometimes affect erections.  Keep me informed  , please

• Posted

Jared.  Was the cream the GP prescribed Clotrimazole?  It's wat I've used and, I understand, it is also manufactured a degree of hydrocortisone as well - clearly (and supposedly) more effective. Incidentally, you know that you can buy Clotrimazole over the counter, don't you (no mention of penis's etc. on the pack). You talked of lack of sex drive - are you able to have sex at all - masturbatory?  The itchiness, which I had was quite pleasurable as well as driving me mad, also made me quite hard a times. I alos wore looser pants for a time. Jon
    • Posted

What and also - sorry about speling errors.
    • Posted

Sorry it has taken me forever to respond. I have used  Clotrimazole twice on seperate occasions. Although it take cares of the dryness (which inevitbly comes back) the tip is still swollen or inflammed. 

Yes I can achieve an erection, though only through direct stimulation and it can take a few minutes or two (which is not natural for someone of my age, 21). I never get aroused or excited towards sex or anything... I have a doctors appointment on the 20th so I'll see what he says on both issues.

• Posted

Let me know the outcome Jared.  I will be interested to hear. I do think there is a phsycological reason for this.  It's unusual not to get spontaneous hard-ons occasionally.  Hav eyou had any depression; life changing events?

Jon

Sorry for delay.  My Outlook Express is up the shoot and I have had to 'forward' my mail to my gmail account

• Posted

No problem, thanks for responding none the less smile

I've suffered from depression my entire life on and off. I also suffer from social anxiety but that has improved over the years, but has not gone completely. I believe my issues are stemmed from these base problems but I'm not entirely sure.

I also used to masturbate prone when I was younger for many many years, and I'm worried I may of caused my penis some irreversible damage. That's why I can't get erect. ?

• Posted

Jared. DON'T WORRY.  Whatever you may or may not be suffering, I can bet my life that a large part is psychological - as you yourself recognises.  Everybody wanks and that certainly is not the cause of your not being able to get an erection. Try not to thinkabout it.  Tell your GP your anxieties and  ask him to refer you to a Counsellor.

Please keep in touch ans tell me how you get on.  Jon

• Posted

I will do, Thanks a bunch for your advice and time.
    • Posted

Jared.  I really wish you well.  I have not really told you this but, I too suffered from anxiety/depression for a number of years.  I had a supremely good GP who knew and recognised how I felt and I could tell him anything.  That's how I eventually became a Councellor having a (potential) clientele of 3000.  I want you to do it.  Life really is too short to be hung up with (frankly) sh*t.

Do keep in touch (on this private page).  You are using the private page, aren't you. Reply under my Jonno. click the little grey envelope and away you go. Do take care and best wishes. Jon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.