Bumps around labia. Pics. What is this?

Posted , 7 users are following.

After feeling some discomfort down there, I took a look and noticed this. I have these bumps all around my labia. I feel like I've had these for as long as I can remember but they are either more prominent or there are more of them but I'm not exactly sure. I also noticed that I've been very dry. 

I have to wait for an appointment and this is causing extreme anxiety. Can anyone tell me more about what's going on? I'd appreciate any feedback.

5 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You probably saw my post on that other thread, but it could be lichen sclerosus:

https://patient.info/search.asp?searchterm=lichen+sclerosus

You could ask over at the lichen sclerosus group:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/lichen-sclerosus-1341

I'd definitely get it checked out if I were you.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

I did see that. Thank you for your input and I have asked in that group. I can't see the doctor until the end of May and I'm extremely anxious. Since you suggested lichen sclerosus, I'm assuming that in your non-doctor opinion, it doesn't look like an STD to you. 

• Posted

I don't think it's an STI, but then I'm not a doctor.  Either way, in your position, I'd want to see a doctor sooner, if possible.

• Posted

I completely understand. I'm going to see what I can do to see a doctor sooner. Thanks again for responding.

• Posted

Hi. I think I have the same thing. Have you been the doctor?
  • Posted

Hi, I have gone to the doctor. She said they're probably Fordyce spots and I didn't test positive for anything. It seems like a lot of doctors really aren't sure. If anyone finds out anything different please let us all know.

• Posted

Hi ive same lumps i'm waiting to see doctor on wed but i found posts on forsdyke spots pre seeing your post & hoping they are them as Ls is beyond worse option. Did you have biopsy?

Mine are totally identical but ive bit more. They dnt bother me. I spotted as ive been having thrush issues and had a look and was like omg!

I'm really scared its worse.

• Posted

I have not had a biopsy. Please let me know what you find out. I got new insurance recently so I am waiting to see another doctor and get another opinion.

• Posted

Hey I have the same thing. My doctor is clueless as well, and sending me to a gynocologist. Until then, can someone please give me some answers to relieve my anxiety? Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.