Bumps on penis head, stinging pain in urethra (2 years)

Posted , 14 users are following.

I have seen comparable issues being discussed here, but I haven't seen many conclusions so I thought I would submit my own entry.

This has been an ongoing issue for 2 years after sex/oral, unprotected. I am 27yrs old and have been sexually active previously for a number of years. I have had no issues previously, so I am quite sure that this was as a result of the sexual contact.

Issue:

• The primary concern is the appearance of the penis. There are raised bumps, which are much more noticeable when erect (see photos). The photos don't really do it justice, they are all over and very noticeable and has become worse over time. One or two can be seen when not erect . This has all developed since having sex/oral.
  • Secondly, I have intermittent stinging pain in the urethra, lasts a few seconds then goes away.
  • Any sort of frequent masturbation (more than once in a day) makes the skin quite angry and red.
  • Urine dribbling out of end of urination. Not an issue stopping the flow per-se, but just little remnants dribbling out afterwards. This is never been the case in the 25years prior to this issue.

Appointments/Tests:

• Initial appointment, provided urine sample to test for possible infection, nothing found.
  • Second follow-up, provided blood sample, nothing found.
  • Referral to urology and subsequent cystoscopy. Cystoscopy found no issues inside urethra tube or bladder.
  • Referral to 2nd urologist, no conclusion.
  • Joint appointment at Dermatology-Urology Clinic. Provided photos of erect penis for reference. Viewed the penis when flaccid, concluded there was no issue when flaccid, no major concern.
  • Additional full STI test (privately done, see below)

Treatments:

-Recommended to change to non-irritant shampoo/soap, no change.

-Prescribed antibiotics, no change.

-Prescribed canetesen, no change.

Private STI tests (all negative):

-Syphilis

-Hep B

• HIV
  • Chlamydia
  • Gonorrhoea
  • Mycoplasma
  • Ureaplasma
  • Trichomoniasis
  • Gardnerella
  • Herpes Simplex 1& 2

I understand that in many of these discussions, the conclusion from contributors is that this is normal, however, I have never had this issue previously and then did have it immediately after. At worst it's extremely bumpy and I have avoided all sexual contact over this since it's arisen, so I'm a desperate man at this point! If anyone has had success with any remedies or prescriptions that I could discuss with my GP or urologist, any help would be much appreciated.

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi, was wondering if you had any luck with a diagnoses? i have exact same issue, seen uroligists, dr's etc all have no clue.. i have also had this problem for 18 months.. im at breaking point.. please reply if you can.. thank you

• Posted

Can i ask you do you had COVID/vaccination before this exposure if yes, when? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.