Bunion Recovery

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

I am 7 weeks post op now and for the past week I have been attempting to walk again in trainers. I have not found it easy and seem to suffer from pain under tha ball of my foot and all  sorts of aches and pains. Just wonder how other people are getting on and how far ar you able to walk at this stage.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I felt like I had a golf ball under the ball of my foot for a long long time. It takes a long time to go away. My big toe still doesn't touch the floor, but oh well, no pain. My surgery was June 16 2014. I was riding my mountain bike at 6 weeks around the neighborhood, and actually mountain biking 2 months afterwards. I did do physical therapy 2 x a week for almost 2 months which helps, I think. By December, I was snowboarding. I just made myself do things. Oh, I also did a backpacking trip in October. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Thanks Jean things are much better now. Swelling is going down and I have managed to walk round a few supermarkets and managed to walk over half a mile yesterday. It is amazing how unfit I have become in 8 weeks. I can feel that the muscles in my legs are waking up. Still cannot fit into my normal trainers but I am getting closer. Thinking of going on holiday in a couple of weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.