Bunion surgery

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm due to have bunion surgery in 15days, I'm so nervous an worried about pain and recovery, I'm really active and love the gym,i really want to get back to normal asap, any tips, tricks or recovery methods and advice,i would appreciate so much, I will update asap thank guys x

3 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well what an ordeal  dint think I have experience anything like it ,the local injection was totally unexpected, but the bit I been dreadding most, and yes it was the worst, the thought of doing it again is like a massive NOO NOO, but bunion on both feet it's like comeon focus, the vibration I Cud feel and various pulling pressure, I was really thinking how do I stop, so, I guess I'm in shock still, been on the meds, 3hourly, making sure I keep on top,, so this is why at 3:15 am I woke up, not sure how I add a pic but I'll work it out, xx Thanx guys, I'm here for q's aswell xxxx
  • Posted

Misspbadass.......I guess it can only get better now!  Was there any reason you opted for a local and not a general?  Will you go for a general the next time?  Here's hoping your pain is bearable and you are able to manage it.  Good luck!!
  • Posted

Aw well is over now. I have had local so know what u mean. I was lucky cos I had someone talking to me through the procedure to take my mind off it. I had spinal this time and with that u dont feel anything not even the pressure cuff in yr leg. I guess yrs was a long procedure with having two done.

Try and relax now and focus in yr recovery xx

• Posted

First day after trauma I'm feeling strange keeping onthe meds 
    • Posted

Hi

The meds can make u feel funny. I only stayed on tramadol for abt 3 days cos o side effects. Kept on with anti inflammatory and paracetamol. Hang in there gets better. I am out of sync with sleeping since op.hence still awake now lol.

• Posted

Day two of pain Was a little pain today so I chilling out
  • Posted

So im 23 years old and have suffered with bunions since about 10... hereditary I've been told! Anyway I went to the doctor so about 4 weeks ago and was referred straight away for surgery. I've had the surgery on the 15th of December so I'm 6days post surgery! The pain has not been bad at all! And I've had pins put in place and realignment of the other toes, I've stopped taking any medication which was codine and parecetomol from day 4 so day 5 I was drug and pain free! I am however on 23 hour a day bed rest, the surgeon told me when leaving the hospital I'm on fully weight bear and not in cast either... Evan tho it's clearly safe to walk on my foot (according to my surgeon) I just can't bring my self to put my heel down and apply pressure Evan tho I'm not in pain? Any advice would be helpful? Thank you I'm advance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.