Posted , 9 users are following.
I have an appointment coming up to make a decision on bunion surgery, my consultant has pretty much left the ball in my court to decide. What is making this so difficult for me is that I am currently not in pain. I have been, that is how I ended up at the doctors in the first place but the pain has since calmed down, probably because I gave up trying to wear nice shoes and stick to my sketchers on DrMartens almost all of the time! I get a niggle here and there but I sit in an office all day it would probably be different if I was on my feet.
My concern is I am only 27, they run in the family, my mums are quite severe and was offered surgery herself but basically she is scared of it. She wants me to have it done, said if she was me and had them at 27 she would get them done and they won't go away only get worse with age. Hers were almost nonexistent at my age! Doctor considered mine mild-moderate. I have my x-ray if I can see where to add pictures.
Do I wait till I am in pain? Do I risk inflicting pain which wasn't there before? Or get it over and done with before they get worse and require more work to fix, while i don't have children and work a job that would allow me the recovery without financial loss. Would my surgeon do both so I don't have to go through it twice?
If someone was to tell me the recovery is not that bad and they have been pain free and the bunion has not come back, I don't think i would hesitate. But reading other blogs and forums people say recovery is excruciating!
0 likes, 22 replies