Buring feet/over sensitive to heat and feel like giving up

Posted , 20 users are following.

Gradually building for the past 10 yrs is the feeling of hot feet when they are exposed to any heat even just wearing shoes an socks. When its really bad I get thst neefle feeling. If i dont wear shoes or socks im at my best. Can't wear shoes or sock for more than a few minutes. Best i can describe is it feels like someone is holding a hairdryer to my feet. Been seeing a neurologist for the past 5 yrs. Even traveled to NYU to see one.

All the blood work comes back neg. Been on lyrica, neurontin, elavil, cymbalta, topamax, trokendi, horizant, depakote, creams, melixitene and now lamictal. None have helped. This year has gotten worse to the point I cant have my feet under the covers at night. I look at people every day and am so jealous they can wear shoes. Im stuck with crocs and flip flops. Im 44 and need to work another 20 yrs. I'm a nurse to boot. A fan on my feet or slamming them in a wash basin of ice is all that helps. They seem to think its small fiber neuropathy. My kids get me thru each day but it's taking a toll on my mind. Advise?

5 likes, 88 replies

88 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have very burning sensation in my toes and the only thing that works is a Neupro patch. Very expensive ($3 a patch), but it works!!
    • Posted

Richard what is a neuropatch? I cannot find one on the net
  • Posted

I am in the process of finding a neurologist.I have diabetic neuropathy and  I can relate to your message. My pain has my anxiety and depression going through the roof. I can't sleep at all at night. The pain has gotten worse over the past four months.

I can not find shoes that fit comfortably on my feet. I also have charcot foot in my right foot. I will follow this post and see if I see any thing that may help me.

GOD BLESS YOU.

• Posted

Im in upstate ny. Its obviously cold here now. The colder i am the better my feet. I can feel that slowly this is becoming not the case. Shoe will never happen again. Crocs and flip flops

• Posted

I know it is horrible all this but hopefully will clear up.

What medication are you taking?  xx

• Posted

Thank for responding.

Currently I am taking gabapentin,oxycotin, cymbalta and I have a fentanyl patch. My pain is  constant and strong. I try to stay positive but the pain gets to be overwhelming.

I know my faith in GOD is getting me through.

• Posted

Hi again!

GP discontinued cmbalta after 15 mgms made the neuropathy worse.

I lso had gabapentin.neurontin thatmade me feel very depressed. This was discontinued!

Just wanted to say that I totally agree wth your last comment. I too think long those lines because there has to be a reason for al this if not to support others going through the same horrific experience.

​That may sound arrogant but these feelings, signs and symptoms are totally horrible.

Just told my husband the same thing.

Keep strong.

xx

• Posted

Sorry to read all this. What started all this do you know?

I have neuropathy but not as severely but it is getting me down big time.

• Posted

Hi, understand your feelings and struggles w neuropathy. It just never ends. Ned's help, but do not stop pain completely.  And it is invisible so some really do not get the severity. I fight depression also and it really isn't  anything you can share unless you know someone who gets it! Stops an active life in a heartbeat. I am grateful for my good pain management etc., but it still makes me sad. A good old pity party helps me once in a while😔 Just wanted to reach out and send hugs and understanding your way. 🍀🎄🕊🌷

• Posted

Very nice words. I cant even make my wife truly understand. Bout ready to go into church here on christmas morning and my shoes will be off once i get in. My biggest concern is working. I want to work but its bad. I stick my feet on bad days in a wsh basin of raw ice. I see the day coming that i tell my neurologist i cant work anymore. That might relieve the pain but mentally ill go iff the deep end if i cant work
    • Posted

Hi, take morophone 5mg and cymbalta(works on nerves) is also a med to calm people, morphine sulfa Dr 15mg, can take over the counter w. Orophone, not sure about morphine. Also have nevro implant, it helps but not perfect for me. These men's work thru your brain by making it think there is no pain, hope this is explanation. Keep in mind this helps manage pain but if you have gone overboard with activity, it helps but not completely. Also for breakthrough pain,tizanidine Hal 4mg muscle relaxesor. I work with pain management group and you might want to also. They know the tests, procedures that might help. In the US, florida, it is required to see dr. Monthly for these meds and you can only re dive 30 tablets, however, if you take three a day you can get that amount too. Had to a.

To accept that these drugs were my friends, not the scared druggie image that is put out to the public. I never misuse these drugs and if I didn't have access to them I don't know how long one could be in this kind of pain non-ending. I am so grateful for the help they give me. Took me a good year to feel ok about it. Read something that really helped me I AM NOT A WHIMP, I am warrior that fights each day to live as pain free as possible with a silent illness. The illness is PAIN. Pain insomnia etc. Hope this helps. 🍀??🌷🥀🌼

• Posted

Hi, fear of what the future might bring is a valid feeling and not knowing how it will all shake out is judt plain terrifying!! The thing is - it is what it is. You can and will adjust to what you have too. Even if you hate it to the moon and back 100 times. I wonder if now would be a good time for you to make a lists of your strengths and talents and could there be a way to do something from your home that will make you content and hopefully help others. Mentoring young needy children, working with wood building, whittling art from wood! That kind of stuff. Garden vegetables, can them, make homemade pickles, sell them. Visit nursing homes to brighten their day. Oops, I sound so preachy, sorry, hope I haven't gone overboard. Yikes, I get carried away sometimes. Sending some hugs your way. Bet you can do whatever you have to!! ??🍀🌷

• Posted

I understand the need for positive thought that you have provided and thank you. Happy Holidays
    • Posted

Your message has definitely helped me. I am not a wimp i am a warrior and i fight this battle every day all day. The pain, the lack of sleep, the depression and anxiety. i pray that GOD will help me to get through this. Thank you for your post.

GOD BLESS YOU.

• Posted

Idopathic means they don't know what causes it. We already knew that!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.