Burning and uncomfortable getting stressed

Posted , 8 users are following.

HI

I had such a GOOD day yesterday.  Not much itching, no burning just kind of feld normalish.  TODAY is way different.  My back end bum cheeks were extremely itchy.  I tood a BS bath and that helped and then I put CLOB ointment on (first time ever).  Was okay for maybe 10 minutes then the burning started again.  Used an ice pack and that helped for awhile but I am burning again.  Sooo uncomfortable.  Burning itchy all the way up the back to the tailbone.  Top of legs are itchy again too!!!  Now put some Panetin (baby cream on) but still uncomfortable.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get relief or do I just have to wait it out?  I also have a cream for Yeast and was wondering If I should also apply that to the bum part.  I hate this.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sue

I know what you are goint through.  Ive been on CLOB ointment for 2 months and as soon as I cut it down, the problem starts again.

You could make a paste of Bio carb of soda and organic coconut oil and put that on.  Be wary of CLOB.  My hair has started coming out!!  I have to reduce it or I am in real trouble.  In fact I already am!  I sit a lot with a cold pack and wake up during night burning!

• Posted

Never make a paste of bio carb of soda, it is dangerous taken like that, I should know I tried it before I knew better.....
    • Posted

No paste! All I did was forget to stir the bicarb in the bath, so I sat on the pile of it. Burnt tailbone area.
    • Posted

Yeah, sometimes it's easy to forget that people use this stuff for cleaning ovens.
  • Posted

Hi Powerwoman

Since I just started the CLOB was wondering if that also causes burning?  Though had burning before starting it.  I am supposed to use 3Xday for the first week but will only use 2Xday for the first week.  Just not really sure where to put it. Does it go all over the sore itchy parts?  Are you losing hair on your head or down there?  I will try first try just the coconut oil.  Haven't put it on in awhile.  Want to go out shopping but feel sooo crappy

• Posted

Most people start off on the cream twice a day, and then reduce it to once a day, are you saying that you think even that is too much?  

I started off twice a day, I think for about 5 days and then reduced it.

• Posted

My prescription never sad 2x a day. But doctors vary so widely... It just doesn't seem so surprising if people react badly to clob if they start 2x a day.
    • Posted

A lot of women are told to use it 2 x daily, but I think you raise a good point, maybe they should start off using it once daily and then after a week go up to 2 x daily, this would give the body time to adapt to the cream..something worth thinking about for sure.
  • Posted

Sue, I'm a bit confused, didn't you try the baby cream like I suggested in your earlier post.?   The first and last time I used Clob on the crack of my butt brought me out in a terrible rash,  terrible reaction!, it is why I suggested using baby cream, I believe the Clob to be too strong for that area.
    • Posted

Hi Guppy

Yup I full intended to just put the baby cream on the bun area but was putting the Clob near VG and thought lets just try a little on the bum. DUMB. I should have listened to you but I guess had to learn the hard way. Like it is not hard enough. I really appreciate your advice

• Posted

Hi Sue,

Just like Powerwoman, I also had hair loss with CLOB. By the way, based on my online research and what my doctor confirmed to me, CLOB doesn't cure LS, it only helps reduce discomfort. The only thing that works for me is diaper rash ointment with zinc.  The zinc in it really helps.  

When you have a flare-up, ask yourself what you ate that day - tomatoes, citrus, spicey foods?  Wine is a culprit too, but vodka seems to be ok, just don't drink it with OJ or tomato juice.  Also, stress can cause a flare-up

Anna

• Posted

Anna, The hair loss in the pubic area is a symptom of Lichen Sclerosus, and not because of using the Clobb.   I have a small patch missing down below.  If you Google this you should find plenty of info on it.
    • Posted

Dear Guppy,

Thanks for your comment. I had hair loss on my head, which by the way, is listed as a potential side affect for this drug.  I also discussed it with my doctor, who said that tiny amounts may not affect the hair on my head, but to be safe, I chose to discontinue it.  I have found help with the diaper rash ointment with zinc (I'd mention the name, but one of my posts was removed because of that) and also, if needed, anti itch cream with diphenhydramine, which helps with the burning too.

So nice that we are all working together to find relief!

Anna 

• Posted

Surprised that a side effect of clob is hair loss as clob lotion is used for an associated condition which, in itself, causes hair loss!  I suspect you are, like me, suffering hair loss as one of the many symptoms of LS itself. I take Viviscal tablets and sometimes a top up of Biotin tablets which seem to help.  With regard to the burning
    • Posted

Start again!  With regard to the burning,Sue, I get this a lot and just use Vaseline between the cheeks.  Works a treat in my case.
    • Posted

Hi Anna

I know you cant name products here but does the  nappy rash cream you mention start with a S and end with a m and have 7 letters in it??  I have some of this and was thinking of trying it for the burning?

• Posted

Hi Powerwoman (love your name!)

Sorry for my late response.  The product in the US that I use is a diaper rash paste maximum strength.  Starts with d ends with n. Maybe I can get away with mentioning the name by dividing it: begins with des, ends with itin.  I don't know if it's sold outside the US.

This has been a lifesaver for me.  I read about it on an LS help site which says, " It's suggested that the more Zinc in baby diaper rash creams the better, as zinc is good for tissue healing, and this product has the highest amount of zinc at 40%." 

Before I found this, I had trouble sleeping at night because the constant burning and itching woke me up.  If they don't carry the same product where you are, hopefully another product will contain a good amount of zinc.

Hope it helps!

Anna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.