Burning feeling in hands

Posted , 10 users are following.

OK is it just me or have anyone experience burning in your hands man I'm so tired already with this menopause I get weird pain in my stomach in my boobs they get so sore to touch my shoulders elbows wrist my lord this is to much sometimes I can't deal with it all the time SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, I do get burning feelings in palm of hand, sometimes tingling and itching too. The soles of my feet too burn ...maybe at the same time maybe later but its definitely a symtom.

just talking and reading about it in the forum from you guys does help. but its never gone away by my doing something for it.

• Posted

Oh my I was thinking of starting this discussion, I have burning on my legs, feet, hands, back, neck, you name the body part yes I get them there! I started putting cold packs on the spot and it moves to another spot so target that one too and it goes away. My head was the worse I felt it burning up I put the ice pack on my head or neck whichever one was bothering me. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

My head is the worst, before I started taking the tablets (Neurontin) it was like I was having my head peeled. I know that sounds gruesome, but that's how painful it was. That said when I went to A&E a Neurologist looked at the MRI of my brain and said I have a few white spots, which could be nothing but because I have this burning head sensation they have to do further investigations to rule out mini stroke, early signs of MS. So I'm a bit worried and really hope its all menopausal - it would be a relief. I also have a brain cyst, but they said it's coincidental and has probably been there for a long time, so are not too worried. However I am waiting for an appointment with a Neurosurgeon as well, although I'm told that unless these things (cysts) cause problems they tend to leave them alone as they don't like to interfere with the brain unless absolutely necessary or sometimes they just drain them - yuk (hope no ones too squeemish). Along with the worry I started a new job in January in a Call Centre working until 1am or 3am, so I could really do without the symptoms.

Oh by the way I'm already on Prozak, which is keeping me relatively calm but I don't really like being on so many drugs.

Hope all you lovely ladies keep well, the support of this forum is invaluable and has really helped keep me from going under.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated. 

• Posted

thanks Monique - I hope it's all fine, I'm just trying to stay calm and deal with it. Panicking isn't going to change anything, although I don't know how I'm managing to stay so calm. It must be the drugs.

It's as if I've been waiting for something bad to happen and now it has. My best friend died at the end of 2014 of Pancreatic cancer and then my Dad died in April of 2015 on the day we were moving house, plus my husband was ill for about a year - only just recovering. So I'm thinking maybe all this stress has taken it's toll, perhaps the white spots are just that - stress spots!! Ah well we'll see, fingers & toes crossed. 

• Posted

Nicola, I am praying for you, I am sorry, yes you have been bombarded, you are dealing with a lot of stress, my best friend died in 2014 of colon cancer, she was 1 year older than me and my aunt died of cervical cancer last June and my cousin 6 weeks later from heart issues.  These deaths close to us really throw us for a serious loop, I think it does impct our health, our sense of security, it raises our fears, it makes us feel older, and its very, very hard, I know any issues with your brain are really upsetting, the GOOD news is that it sounds as if you are in good medical hands and there is SOOOOO much to treat people now. That is a good thing, praying and pulling for you. 
    • Posted

Thanks Lennie, so sorry to hear about your losses - as you say it is really hard and it does effect your health. I was on Sanex for a short period as I didn't want to go out of the house. Now I have these health concerns I feel I just have to deal with them and not worry, but I don't know how it will turn out. I think the main thing is to get help from the people who know, although the referrals may take a while to come through. I live in Ireland and have private medical cover, but apparently there is a shortage of Neurologists in Ireland so they are very busy. I think I just have to keep pushing to see someone, sooner rather than later. My Father in Law had a brain cyst which he had removed in the UK, apparently it was an out-patient procedure. As for the head tingling/burning - well I'll just have to hope for the best.

Thank you for your words of encouragement and I'm sorry you too have had to go through so much - life really knows how to challenge us.

Take Care xx

• Posted

Yes, it does, as far as my friend, let me tell you a story about that, that has given me a great deal of encouragement, I had a wonderful dream with her talking to me about issues I had because I was not as good of a friend to her as she was to me, and I had so many regrets about that, and in the dream which seemed very real, she said I love you and she gave me a hug, it gave me a lot of peace about her and that she is in a good place. My aunt was 83 and while we miss her she did have a very nice life and she had always talked about missing her family that passed a lot. As far as my other cousin, she refused to go to the hospital the night she was having problems, so I suppose she wanted to go. I am saying all of this to say that there is some peace I have about all 3 even though I miss them. I will pray for you,  the menopause often caues the head tingling, I was dealing with that and headaches a few months back.  I agree with you about dealing wtih them, I think you will be fine. 
    • Posted

Hi Lennie, Thanks so much for your lovely reply. It's strange the dreams we have - I know before my friend died I dreamt we were walking up a stairway and I was helping her and saying I loved her - it was so really. When I woke up I felt really peaceful, the dream seemed so real and comforting. As with your Aunt, my Dad had a good life and we had spent lots of times together going for walks, enjoying the countryside - we are very similar. My husband says I remind him of my Dad at times and I myself know I have the same sense of humour and stubborness. He would say now to just take one step at a time and not worry, it won't change anything. That said I have my appt for the Neurosurgeon early March, which is a good thing as if the cyst is anything to worry about I am told I would be called in a lot sooner. Hopefully as you say the head tingling is the menopause. It's really hard when someone you love dies, but I have lots of good/happy memories of my lovely Dad and wonderful friend, both of whom lived life to the full. So I just think of all the positives and how blessed I am to have had them in my life.

Thankyou for your prayers xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.