Burning in Vagina and Anus

Posted , 34 users are following.

Five months ago I took Augmentin for a sinus infection. A few weeks later my vaginal area started to burn, then the perineum and the anus inside was burning. The gynie said I had a yeast and bv infection and gave me flagyl and diflucan. My infections went away but not the horrible burning! The inside opening of my vagina looks like a red rash. I have seen five gynecologists, biopsied for LS and LP both negative. Dermatologist had no idea what it was. I saw an allergist, GI, Rheumatologist, still no diagnosis. I've been given steroid ointment, and steroid shots with no improvement. Has anyone else experienced this after taking antibiotics? This has ruined the quality of my life as it hurts to walk and sit for any length of time. Help!

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi! i have the exact same symptoms - burning in vagina and anus constantly and it gets worse when sitting down! ive had it for more than a year now. Can anyone help with advice?

• Posted

Hello Amy, I have the same and found out I have anal fissures . I used a magnifying mirror and inspected my anus. It took me 2 month to find out. My Doctors did all kind of tests. I hope you feel better soon and find out what you have!

• Posted

Hi. If there are no visible or infectious causes then it could be (and it sounds like) vulvodynia. I had this back in 2013. Being a neuroceptive condition, it is very hard to get rid of, but with time and a lot of determination you can be pain fee. It took me 1.5 years to be pain free and i have been so ever since. See my post "How I cured my vulvodynia" for more info on the condition and how i beat it. Other women have posted their success stories on there too. Just click on my name and it will show my posts.

• Posted

i took flagyl like 3 weeks ago snd tonight made the mistake of drinking prune juice for constipation the pain is over the top i cant take boric acid it burns me any other suggestions? ive had vulvodynia for years!!

• Posted

Hi Nancy I think that is vulvodynia. I'm in the same situation. Its been a year and its driven me insane. Sanigil its a very expensive italian gel that its helping me a lot. For the anus I'm using another cream but you cant buy it without prescription. after months in this hell they discover that I also have anal fissures. I really wish you the best, you are not alone.

• Posted

so i been dealing with the same thing. i had a middle ear infection and took antibiotics every since ive been dealing with bv and a yeast infection that comes back. i have mild-moderate burning that comes and good in the front and the back. ive seen miltiple doctors amd no one has an answer.

• Posted

So i just replied stating i was dealing with the same issue. I googled the symptoms everything just comes back to a YI or BV. So i went on Youtube and looked at some videos and i saw one about using a clove of garlic. Ive seen that people used garlic in the past i just never decided to go that route but tonight i did. About 1/2 -2 hours went by and just on my phone and i just suddenly realize, its completely gone. Ive use natural remedies all the time and they always work idky I didn't think of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.