Burning Mouth Syndrome

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hello ladies,

For quite a while now I have been suffering from burning mouth syndrome, along with burning/ intense heat literally throughout my whole body.  Long story short, I've been to various medical professionals, including a Menopause GP who has put me on Everol Sequi HRT to try and alleviate the body and mouth burning. 

I'm only on half patches twice weekly for the next 8 weeks as I have endometriosis and I'm on week 3 of the estrogen only patch. 

Up until yesterday, I didn't feel as though the patches were making any difference but yesterday and today, my mouth feels worse and I'm panicking that the patches are starting to not agree with me :o(

I've seen from previous posts that there are fellow BMS sufferers out there, can anyone share their experiences with me to try and calm my anxiety and give me some hope that there's a chance the BMS will eventually get better?  I really want to stick with the HRT to see if it's going to work but unsure what to do...

Thank you ladies x

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Googling this BMS ,it led me here. The symptoms have started popping up this year , I am 48. The stress does make it worse. When body heat and face flush breaks out so comes the BMS. The anxiety hits just as much as when pain starts. Now I am not taking nothing, placing cold compresses around face, neck chest area, lessens pain a little, along with the relaxing deep breathing. A dental visit will need to be made due to an exposed root , that a temporary fix was made for that tooth in the past before pandemic. Please keep the stories coming, I thank you for being here to share. It feels lonely doing this perimenopause on my own. This post eases my mind some.

• Edited

Thank you ladies for all your information on Meno BMS.

I've had this for about a year and even though I have seen NUMEROUS doctors, no one has suggested BMS!!!

I've had scans, MRI, cameras down my throat, etc, etc.

I have just read on a meno website the exact symptoms I am suffering. I cannot believe that none of the doctors I have seen have worked this out for me!

I'm going to try the Xyliment Lozengers, chewing gum and unflavoured toothpaste. Thank you Pam. Now I've read all your comments, I don't feel so alone and I can feel my horrible anxiety tailing off. Now that I'm almost 100% sure that it's BMS I'm suffering from I can move forward. Good luck to you all xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.