Burning pain after sex

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone,

since a month i have been experiencing a burning pain by my vaginal opening after sex. During sex, everything is fine. But afterwards it burns and it feels like my vagina swells up.

I have been to the docters and she examined my vagina, she said that there is something wrong with a muscle inside of my vagina, which causes a burning feeling. But after this appointment i started looking at my vagina and i think my vaginal opening looks weird. i don't look at my vagina often so i don't know if it has always looked like this, but it looks like there are bumps and they are kind off closing my vaginal opening? i don't even know if that is possible.

imagei can't exactly tell if the bumps are causing the burning feeling but i really just want to know if something is wrong with my vagina, because to me it doesn't look good but my docter has taken a look at it and she said nothing?i can't exactly tell if the bumps are causing the burning feeling but i really just want to know if something is wrong with my vagina, because to me it doesn't look good but my docter has taken a look at it and she said nothing?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi

the doc said nothing so u dont have to worrry about it anymore , the burning might be due to the friction so may be try more lube and stuff bump looks normal to me

• Posted

its nothing more than friction some people notice some kind of pain in vagina after sex but it will be normal in a day or two

• Posted

Hi amy,

One of the most common causes of painful sex in women is vulvodynia, defined as discomfort or burning pain in the vulvar area with no obvious cause, such as an infection, cancer, or neurologic disorder like herpes or spinal nerve compression. This common cause of vaginal pain is frequently misdiagnosed.First of you have to cosult your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.