Burning, pain, itching, sting vagina

Posted , 11 users are following.

For the last 5 weeks I have been having these symptoms of burning , pain , itching, stinging in my vagina areas. Some symptoms come all at same time ,some separate sometimes just extreme itching that I have to itch which I am sure doesn't help the tissue as it severe scratching to relieve the itch. I also have this burning which feels like I am scalded, sometimes it feels like a icy hot treatment. I have no discharge but at times will go from feeling very dry to moist. sometimes feels like my labia is so dry and tight I wont be able to open them. I am 71 years old been menopausal for almost 40 years I went thru menopause in early forties, I no longer have sexual intercourse for over a year. I did not have vag exam as thought was yeast infection so had my GP call in script for Terconazole 0.8 3 day dose. well didn't seem to work still symptoms so repeated same about week and half later. Still no relieve so saw gynecologist and she did exam cultures didn't think yeast so treated as BV with metronidazole one week later still symptoms so called and was told this time yeast infection per culture and put back on terconazole. Well i am just finishing up and still have symptoms although itching not as persistent but burning is my labia feel on fire my vaginal opening feel on fire i am getting so depressed and worried this will be how it is from now on and I just cry. Anyone else going thru this and if so what helped

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

so i had sex with my boyfriend back in august it was rough and i noticed that the area got read and about a week later i let someone who i knew very little of perform oral sex on me and noticed Flesh colored bumps around my vagina they didnt itch or anything until a about three weeks ago now its tingily and it burns from time to time but i also used a douche after the guy performed oral sex on me .

i went to the doctor and they said it was a yeast infection ive been using the creams they gave to me but nothing is helping so i want your guys opinion image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.