Burning redness

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi Theree!  I hope you all had a nice Christmas.. I have managed it very well through the week.. but after 10 hours in a car driving back home gave me a burning red around my perineum.... I am still under the steroid treatment ( I have been diagnosed in November). I am using it 3X a week, and Estrace 2x a week.. I was a bit disapointed that I had this burning even under the treatment... any suggetion on what to do?  I have a follow up appointment at th beggining of January... but unsure on what to do until there...

Thankks in advance for any feedback

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I find that limiting sugar intake is the best for me.
  • Posted

Hi , lf l was you l would wash the area and apply the steroid cream , then drink lots of water . If you can let some fresh air get to the area. Dont drink any alchol . Try and relax , hope this works for you.Glad you have had a good christmas , have a great new year x
  • Posted

Try Sudacrem - creates a good barrier and baby wipes instead of toilet paper. Works a treat! Good luck
  • Posted

i put a few pinches of bicarb of soda with warm water in a bottle and irrigate the area as many times as possible every day. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

I find a barrier cream works the best. For me I can't use an ointment, though my Clobetasol is an ointment. I use a cream product called Desitin. If I know I am going to be in the car a long time, etc. I put it on before I even leave the house. Sweat brings out horrible flares for me!
  • Posted

Globetasol to fight the worst.  Every other day a baking soda bath (1/3 cup will be enough)  Very soothing.  Rinse after every bathroom visit with luke warm baking soda water (3 pinches)  Cover with coconut oil.  That was my most recent treatment after burning red hot experience.  
  • Posted

In addition - I'm on an alkaline diet.  Mostly sugar free, gluten free, almost dairy free, no caffeine, no alcohol.  And I have the feeling that I live better.
  • Posted

10 hours driving would certainly do it to me, too. I know it's disappointing to realize that clobetasol is not a complete cure. However, I find the flare-ups are less intense and shorter in duration. I use the clob an extra day or two and as long as the bit of stress is over (that's usually the culprit) and you're back on track with low sugar, things will heal quickly. Back to twice a week or so will minimize the flare-ups.
  • Posted

Also, be diligent with the daily look in the mirror. With burning redness there's always a chance it's yeast. At the first sign of little bits of white cheese, get the seven day cream (not the one-day suppository 'bomb'). Just mentioning this as a possibility...
  • Posted

txs everybody for the tips..... I did the baking soda sitz bath and put some Desitin on the afected area.. will wait to see if works
  • Posted

Looking forward to hearing if it works!
  • Posted

My dermatologist says that it can take the skin up to two years to get back to normal. If you were only diagnosed in November and you're still using Clob 3X a week your skin is still very delicate, and you can unfortunately expect certain things such as prolonged sitting to be irritating. Give it time, and try not to stress about it too much, as stress only makes things worse.

I think a lot of us are subject to flare-ups over Christmas, due to stress, late nights, rich foods and (not me of course) lots of alcohol.

• Posted

Valuable info Kate.  It takes that long for the skin to get back.  Patience does it.  Two years and keep on leading a very disciplined life.  
    • Posted

Thanks for passing that on from your derm, Kate. I've been using Dermovate for a year and a half and now I see that the trajectory is about two years.
  • Posted

updates: Iam doing better after using he desitin on the most affected area (perineum), and I am not using the Clob at that area.. I have a previous prescription cream with a less strength steroids and yeast meds combined that helped too... I think that clob is too strong to me put on the areas that are too sensitive.. I used the clob around my labia and mom's side.. as prescribed (3x-wee) but the other cream on the perineum... it worked.. so far..
    • Posted

Glad you've found a regime that's working. I find that it relaxes me to feel I'm on top of it and that's half the battle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.