Burning redness

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi Theree!  I hope you all had a nice Christmas.. I have managed it very well through the week.. but after 10 hours in a car driving back home gave me a burning red around my perineum.... I am still under the steroid treatment ( I have been diagnosed in November). I am using it 3X a week, and Estrace 2x a week.. I was a bit disapointed that I had this burning even under the treatment... any suggetion on what to do?  I have a follow up appointment at th beggining of January... but unsure on what to do until there...

Thankks in advance for any feedback

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I use Desitin as my first line of defense!
  • Posted

the burning is still going on and the area is really red.. I am not sure if I should put some clob or not on top of it.. I am scare if its the LS iflamation and in that case I should use the steroid on top of it...shouldn'tI I?
    • Posted

Just went through it a short little while ago.  Nasty experience.  I used glob, mind you, thin layer over the entire inflamed area, gently rubbed in.  You will feel it calm down for a bit and at the end of the day when LS sticks out its neck again, you again apply another thin layer.  I do this after my baking soda spray or better yet, after my baking soda bath.    

I hope you will soon be able to get things under control again. 

• Posted

Hello. Me too am a lichen sclerosis sufferer. I don't wish this condition onto anybody as it is extremely uncomfortable...Recently I came across a blogtalkradio show with susun weed, who is a respected herbalist in the USA. There is a small bit on one of her talkshows about lichen sclerosis. She recommended using an estrogen cream for a little while, she also recommended using red clover oil or violet oil. Don't think I would use red clover in conjunction with estrogen cream as red clover is the herbal variety of estrogenic herbs( as far as I know) and also women, that have history in family with breast or ovarian cancer may not want to include estrogen treatments, but it's apparently not enough estrogen, that it will travel to other parts of the body, sounds like its localized and will help with thinning skin. It is interesting to note, that through this forum I found out, that Dr. Goldstein believes it is not a thinning, but a thickenng of the tissues... Not sure if this is of any help to anybody.. I am grateful to be on this forum. I am also glad that I am not alone with this dreadful condition...any advise and any bit of information is helpful. Thank you.
    • Posted

You're right about LS thickening the skin, so thinning is not a 'side effect' it's the point. I have psoriasis as well as LS and I refuse to use steroid cream on the psoriasis. When it clears up on its own, the skin is good as new. But with LS we can't afford to try to avoid it because LS causes permanent scarring.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.