Burning sensation and feel on edge first thing in the morning

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've now been taking citalopram for nearly 2 weeks now for my anxiety.i am starting to feel a little better.the feeling in the stumoch had gone but I am waking up with a burning sensation and on edge first thing in the morning. Has or does anyone else expierence this and Will this feeling go in time

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi And welcome to this forum, yes what you are experiencing is complete normal for citalopram. It has some no so good side effects but most of them are gone by 8-10 weeks and for some a long t quicker.  The first 2 weeks were the worst for me, nausea and loss of appetite, hot flashes, and heightened anxiety for which I have a benzo to take  if it gets really bad. Many on here have had similar so it is comforting to know that it is just the drug getting into our system. Please share here anytime and someone will get back to you. The main thing to know is that we are all in a similar situation. Love and blessings gili
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply.it feels more on my upper chest and burning in my arms and it's what I'm waking up to every morning.did you expierence this?

• Posted

Those are side effects...and most people do experience them...it's all part of the celexa...take care..

• Posted

Yes it seems the side effects come  in all sorts of ways. It is early days for you so I suggest taking it a day at a time and try not to focus and worry too much about each symptom. Much easier said than done I know, have a great day x x 
    • Posted

Yes have good  periods of the day where I find myself smiling and even laughing then from nowhere come an anxious spell, rushing thoughts and fears coming from deep within then it’s gone. I know it’s side effects but bizarre sometimes. So on the whole I  think the meds are beginning    to work after 7 weeks!! 
    • Posted

Yes is so bizzarre..I will never want to suffered those phychotic side effects feelings again...I mean one second your feeling lovely and then the next your crying..yuck..I don't even want to think about.. I m happy is all behind me...the wait was worth it...

• Posted

Such an encouragement to hear that, that for me too one day it will be all behind me and I will never come off it!! So will never have to go through it again.
  • Posted

Hi i am on my third week i get exactly the same feel sick in the mornings wake up about 4 ish with hot flush pins and needles x It is getting easier as the days go on i listen to an end anxiety tape which is brilliant .If you go on u tube u can down load them the more u listen to it the more your brain adapts to it x It is hard and when it happens to u you think you r the only one it is happening to so these sites help x I have been put on 10 mg pro 3 times a day also which seems to help
    • Posted

Hi Michelle good to hear from you 3 weeks is early days but so glad you got help and are on the path. Keep connecting as it really helps as you progress. Many blessings today to you Gili x 
  • Posted

hi and what the others have said is correct.You still get some un pleasant side effects for the next 4/6 weeks ,so accept these side effects and when you get too 10 weeks most will subside and the ssri will have built up in your body ,and you will feel calmer .
  • Posted

Hiya, I'm just entered week four on upped cit,, I'm feeling really well now with only a bit of anxiety every now and again, I now control my anxiety instead of letting it control me 😀 Those first 2 weeks were horrendous for me I even had 2 weeks off work but it does get easier, I woke with anxiety every morning and would start to feel normal by the afternoon after the 2 weeks things got so much easier and I went back to work, try not to get anxious about the side effects this phase will pass

• Posted

Hi Lindseytom today was day 22 for me. I still get jittery on and off. The first 2 weeks were horrible. The side effects come and go. Yes I did get the burning and sweats incredibly and my thighs trembled.  Alot has subsided 🙏🏻. 

I do still have insomnia. I fall asleep for a couple of hours and wake up. I sometimes take Xanax to help me sleep which it works. I don’t want to get dependent on it. My dr just prescribed Ambien but I’m hesitant to take it. I’ve never tried this drug. I’ll guess I’ll try it tomorrow to get sleep for Monday work. Just be positive and take one day at a time. This forum has great people to help us through the ups and downs. Keep us posted of how you are! 

• Posted

The ambiem is good for helping you get to sleep...the lunesta helps you get to sleep and keeps you asleep..every one is different ..but I developed joint pain from Ambien ..switch to lunesta pain disappeared...
    • Posted

Thanks Lois keep your fingers crossed I don’t get joint pain. My Doc gave me 5 mg Ambien. I’m a light weight when it comes to meds. If I take Xanax I sleep whole night on .25 cut in half. I’m on 10 mg citalopram. 

• Posted

Oh ok you will be fine I take 10 of celexa .25 xanex..and lunesta...you will be ok ..you got your ammunition thank goodness..most folks only have celexa..and in the beginning of celexa they suffer...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.