Burning sensation and feel on edge first thing in the morning

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've now been taking citalopram for nearly 2 weeks now for my anxiety.i am starting to feel a little better.the feeling in the stumoch had gone but I am waking up with a burning sensation and on edge first thing in the morning. Has or does anyone else expierence this and Will this feeling go in time

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have the burning sensations and this is my fifth week on Celexa. Did the burning sensation go away? I am

worried!

• Posted

Hi leah,when you take any SSRI antidepressant like Citalopram,you will have heightened anxiety from increasing the serotonin in your brain at the beginning of treatment. Symptoms like burning skin or lots of other sensations you could feel,will be your nervous system sensitised by the heightened anxiety. They are just caused by your anxiety and are harmless,but the more you worry about them then the worse they will get. Try to accept that they are harmless and will eventually go away the longer you take the Citalopram and your brain and system get used to the changes and settle down. Everyone is different,so the time it takes to settle is unique to you,so don't compare yourself to anyone else because they improved quicker. Lots of people take a long time to improve,months,so don't get concerned if you hear people improving in weeks. It is really hard in the beginning,so you want to be looking to the future and try to accept the horrible feelings now,it will get better in your own time. Take care.

• Posted

Hi,

im on day 7 with mine ans im having those exact symptoms and also insomnia for the last 4 days which is worrying me dont sleep at all. did you experience this to?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.