Burning sensation in stomach - permanently

Posted , 12 users are following.

Guys i am in need some support....i need simple advise and a positive word..

On 27 of december i got food poisoning.... 4 of us in work got sick...following vomitting and diarrhea (i didnt vomit at least 20 years). Vomitting stopped next day but diarrhea not. My doctor gave me antibiotics and some corticoide steroids.... for 5 days... since i took thoose i had slightly some kind of sensation in stomach.... no pain nothing...diarrhea slowly disapeared...but not completely... talking 2 weeks after food poisoning... my stool was incosistent...and i mentioned the sensation in my stomach to my gp...he prescribed me tripple therapy for helycobacter...just like that.... i started to have loose burning stool.it was a nightmare to go to toilet.it was like i was eating chilli.... but i wasnt.... antibiotics didnt help and my burning sensation began to be consistant...i had it all day long.... eating or not...it was present... worse in the evening less in the morning.... 10 days after tripple therapy i wasnt feeling better so i went to Emergency department... they did blood test...urine test....xray and i was sent home with another tripple therapy. Talking now middle of february.this time different antibiotics 2 but stronger..it didnt help...in fact it was making me dizzy.

So at the end of february i had endoscopy.... the doc said laughing... haha there is nothing but gastritis at 45cm and deudonis very light but nothing further... no hernia...no ulcer...no reflux.he said go home and take some gaviscon.. he took sample for biopsy and it came negative for helycobacter... he said 100% take it easy and relax...

So i stopped antibiotics....next day my stool become normal...no more feeling bad... but my stomach burning is there...i tried aloe vera.... i tried apple cider vinegar..it made me worse... i am using L glutamine and i am on doble dose of pantoprazole and taking gaviscon.... i dont smoke or drink... for over 5 years...

I am on bland diet...no salt no red meat but boiled chicken.... etc

.. i eat salads and boiled rice with chicken or toast if its an emergency.

Nothing gelps... no matter what i eat the burning is there...if i drink water or eat just plain boiled rice... burning is there....

Second i dont have pain while sleeping.... at all..and shortly after i wake up.... once i wake up and i start eating i have constant burn in stomach untill evening.

I am getting stressed a lot and sometimes even panic attacks...

This is eating me alive...

I am 35y old male... never had issue or alergy to anything....

I am in need of urgent advise or at least positive word....

Can antibiotics and steroids destroy me so bad? How long time to recover? Is it normal to feel burning at all the time- during the day only?

Please its not a pain...i would say... but really burning sensation... if i lie down i dont feel it.

Hint:we had my second boy to join us on 30 of january but this condition doesnt allow me to enjoy my day with my family...

Any tips will be highly appreciated

Ed

0 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi EdEire

I have no idea why doctor gave you steroids for food poisoning also antibiotics without doing a HPylori stool test or breath rest or blood test or endoscopy. Also, given another triple therapy. Wow! no wonder your gut is sore...

Don't eat rice eat gluten free pasta with gluten free pasta sauce with veggies chopped courgette, aubergine and mushrooms ...try going gluten free for a while and lactose free such as milk and butter/spread and bread. Don't eat big meals as this will produce more stomach acid and burning...eat small meals through day. No spicey fatty foods...or too many veg such as sprouts, cabbage and brocolli. Eat salad no onions though.. nothing acidic like fizzy drinks and nothing hot..Also drink a little lactose free milk when you get acid reflux/burning...It will take some time for your gut to heal. It happened to me after the antibiotic Flagyl about six weeks ago my gut is alot better now but having changed my diet i am now changing permenantly.....hope this helps a little.....

• Posted

I was having panic attacks... i swear... when i had the slight burning i went online searching... and it came out as cancer and i though i am having last days of my life.... specialy after second third round of antibiotics when i became dizzy and weak.... endoscopy doctor was in shock... he said who gave you steroids and antibiotics and then 2 more tripple therapy withtout any test? He was laughing.... it was such a relief...

But i am getting no better at all... i mean burning in stomach.... etc there at all the time... but reading your advise i will defo adjust my diet... please note i havent seen fizzy drink for 2 months or anything.... wife made me a soup abd put little garlic in it.. last week...i though i will become a dragon...shooting flames....

Its no fun to have such a condition.... and gaviscon or rennie has no effect on me at all....

I will take on boards your advise... and give it a go... very easy.

Thank you kindly...

• Posted

And note my burning is there at all the time since i wake up untill i ggo sleep... never goes away..only during the night...or early morning... my stomach is grand...buy around 8am like a clock..as i use to have a breakfast around that time anyway... with the sun up.... wink
    • Posted

Hi EdEire

What do you have for brekki...i found gluten free 'GoFree' Honeyflakes and lactose free milk and a warm cup of tea gave me no problems. Yes, also as pippa58442 suggested take probiotic tabs and probiotic yogurts with cultures i take both with blueberries and grapes, to put back good gut flora as the antibiotics would have killed most of your good bacteria. Not salt or too much sugar as these will irritate your sore gut and the bad bacteria will thrive on the sugar. It will take some time for your gut to heal so don't get stressed or anxious as this will also cause gut problems....

• Posted

For breakfast i would have smoothie from spinach... one banana and beetroot cooked with almond milk.... and then green tea on the way to work.. then i would have soup from chicken feets (gelo cooked for 6 hours) with some pasta and boiled chicken... maybe a toast with little butter... then banana and apple in afternoon... then boiled potatoes for dinner around 5pm...and tgen not rating at all before sleep 2-3 hours.

No sweets or anything else... but as you mentioned.. i will have to fix the habbbits and go gluten free... as my diet is doing no good to me... have to be gluten free i asume... as i have no improvements...

• Posted

Hi EdEire

Yes, just change to a more bland diet which will be kinder on your gut. You have to remember you have had a treble whammy..1) Steroids 2) 2 x Triple Therapy Antibiotics, which is incredibly hard on the gut! Just do what you have to do and you will get there...best wishes...

• Posted

Thank you very much. I will do my best. And i will keep you updated...if they are any improvements...

Thank you again. God Bless.

• Posted

Would you recommend green tea? I mean as main source of liquid during the day? I am on gluten free food... had cereals with lactose free milk and blueberries... not bad at all... bug burning still there... it will not go in one day i asume...
    • Posted

Hi EdEire

Yes, i drink green tea but drink it warm and not hot and i only drink 2 cups per day....no the burning will not go in one day....it will take some time. I would recommend keeping a food diary to see which foods cause more burning than other foods so you can stick to the foods that are kinder to your digestive system. Just note day, date and time and food eaten..see if a pattern emerges if more severe burning occurs with certain foods....

• Posted

Good idea.. today breakfast went extremely well.... but lunch was a disaster... had boiled buckwheat with boiled chicken...and slice of gluten free bread.... i was again like a dragon... flames... and extreme stomach burning.

Will do diary with food that do harm to me... thank you for your responds.

By saying breakfast went well i mean i had burning but nothing bad like if i eat rice or so....

• Posted

Forgive me but what kind of condition do you have?..if you dont mind me asking.
    • Posted

Hi EdEire

I had no acid reflux or burning until i took an antibiotic call Flagyl (Metrodinazole) for a tooth abcess. Two days into taking them, even though it took them with food, my stomach was unbelievable i had dreadful acid reflux. I could not eat the food i normally ate so had to change my diet forthwith. That was approx 6 weeks ago gping into 7th week now. It has improved somewhat but i still get acid reflux if i get adventurous and eat something different which may be a bit rich so i don't do that anymore. So i'm continuing with gluten free etc., but it is improving as the days go on. Just have to be patient and roll with it. A bit of advice leave out the buckwheat anything with wheat or gluten will aggrevate the gastritis. I always eat salad as an accompaniment watercress, spinach and rocket in a pack. It's all trial and error you will get to know what your gut can handle as you go along...keep up with the food diary...

• Posted

I know flagyl..had it on my tripple therapy...500mg flagyl 3 times a day..1000mg amoxicillin twice a day and 40mg pantoprazole.... then i got second round and i was destroyed... i couldnt ecen swallow gaviscon.... but once i stoppex symptoms were gone within a day.

Btw buckwheat is a seed...gluten free... just saying

Did you ever looked into homeopathy? I mean i am using sangre de drago aka dragon blood as well... it supose to help big time.. even for your condition..... look it up online....

I have posted longer answer but it has to be approved as i bad word for stool...

• Posted

Hi EdEire

I have tried to reply to you 3 times but replies are moderated..I don't know what I am doing wrong i'l send a private message....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.