Burning sensation in stomach - permanently

Posted , 12 users are following.

Guys i am in need some support....i need simple advise and a positive word..

On 27 of december i got food poisoning.... 4 of us in work got sick...following vomitting and diarrhea (i didnt vomit at least 20 years). Vomitting stopped next day but diarrhea not. My doctor gave me antibiotics and some corticoide steroids.... for 5 days... since i took thoose i had slightly some kind of sensation in stomach.... no pain nothing...diarrhea slowly disapeared...but not completely... talking 2 weeks after food poisoning... my stool was incosistent...and i mentioned the sensation in my stomach to my gp...he prescribed me tripple therapy for helycobacter...just like that.... i started to have loose burning stool.it was a nightmare to go to toilet.it was like i was eating chilli.... but i wasnt.... antibiotics didnt help and my burning sensation began to be consistant...i had it all day long.... eating or not...it was present... worse in the evening less in the morning.... 10 days after tripple therapy i wasnt feeling better so i went to Emergency department... they did blood test...urine test....xray and i was sent home with another tripple therapy. Talking now middle of february.this time different antibiotics 2 but stronger..it didnt help...in fact it was making me dizzy.

So at the end of february i had endoscopy.... the doc said laughing... haha there is nothing but gastritis at 45cm and deudonis very light but nothing further... no hernia...no ulcer...no reflux.he said go home and take some gaviscon.. he took sample for biopsy and it came negative for helycobacter... he said 100% take it easy and relax...

So i stopped antibiotics....next day my stool become normal...no more feeling bad... but my stomach burning is there...i tried aloe vera.... i tried apple cider vinegar..it made me worse... i am using L glutamine and i am on doble dose of pantoprazole and taking gaviscon.... i dont smoke or drink... for over 5 years...

I am on bland diet...no salt no red meat but boiled chicken.... etc

.. i eat salads and boiled rice with chicken or toast if its an emergency.

Nothing gelps... no matter what i eat the burning is there...if i drink water or eat just plain boiled rice... burning is there....

Second i dont have pain while sleeping.... at all..and shortly after i wake up.... once i wake up and i start eating i have constant burn in stomach untill evening.

I am getting stressed a lot and sometimes even panic attacks...

This is eating me alive...

I am 35y old male... never had issue or alergy to anything....

I am in need of urgent advise or at least positive word....

Can antibiotics and steroids destroy me so bad? How long time to recover? Is it normal to feel burning at all the time- during the day only?

Please its not a pain...i would say... but really burning sensation... if i lie down i dont feel it.

Hint:we had my second boy to join us on 30 of january but this condition doesnt allow me to enjoy my day with my family...

Any tips will be highly appreciated

Ed

0 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

so an update....

burning is on and off.....nothing seems to trigger it...more like a stress...related me thinks...

doctor did second endoscopy followed by colonoscopy.... all clear...hb pylori negative....

he send me to ct scan with screening...with the dey... i dont know the reason but all kind of thoughts getting through my head.... aka cancer or pancreas issue....

as meanwhile i have developed dull pain on my back right side...bellow ribs..i would say its 4 out of 10 in terms of pain.... but its there...sometimes only...not food triggered....

i dont have the results from ct scan..but is it standard procedure to undergo such a screening?

can ibs cause a pain? or i am just thinking too much..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.