Burning throughout body and head

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi!  I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease in 2013 and due 2 the fact I was put on horrendous psych meds 4 this (Gabapentin, Zoplicone, Seroquel and Remeron  which I have spent the past 3 years slowly tapering off) I have been unable 2 treat my Lyme Disease.  Some of the w/d symptoms I am experiencing from the w/d are:  chronic insomnia, burning, tingling, numbness, vibrations throughout body and head, adrenaline surges, depersonalization/derealisation, myoclonic jerks, burning brain etc.  What I would like 2 know is can Lyme Disease on its own cause severe intense burning throughout the body and head and the burning brain etc.?  I am concerned about this because the burning I am experiencing getting off these poisons is excruciating and if Lyme can also cause this (which I hope it doesn't), that might mean I will have to be in this hell until I am able 2 treat the Lyme which may not b 4 another year yet.  I don't appear 2 have any of the co-infections so I know it isn't them that r causing my horrendous symptoms.  Please, I need 2 know as soon as possible as I am terrified I will go totally insane before this is all over.  Thank you.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was on several psych meds as well until I found out had Lyme. What's your diet like and are you on antibiotics or herbal supplements? Also, did you get a blood test saying you have Lyme?

• Posted

Hi nick Barbara and all. I have been tested for lymes by my gp who tells me I don't have it but I'm told standard NHS test isn't reliable my symptoms tick all the boxes bullseye rash everything now I have muscle twitches all over. How the hell can you get tested for lymes desease. If your gp isn't interested ??? Please help I'm on antidepressants this is ruining my life  regards to all  

• Posted

I'm fairly new to my Lyme diagnosis but what has worked for me has been a change in diet and herbal supplements. I just spoke to the doctors office today and the doctor told me I don't have Lyme even though I tested positive for it. Many people claim to have "cured" themselves naturally and I am beginning to believe them so far due to the results I am seeing in myself.

• Posted

Yes, dietary changes can really help out in disease processes. So, if you tested positive does that mean you reversed your Lyme or does that mean your dr. Disney believe in your diagnosis. For me it is my dr. Doesn't believe in Lyme Bourne illnesses and therefore I need natural path help. Be blessed, Deborah 

• Posted

Hi there, the western boot test us a great blood test indicator and confirmation test. I know dr. Used to treat mental illness with insulin. They do tend to I believe just use psych meds as a cure all. I have my r. Side of face dropping severe pain, headaches and memory issues. I have drastically changed my diet. I think my natural path can help me. Do you have access to a natural path dr. Be blessed
    • Posted

This disease Lyme seems to be one a average medical dr. Does not treat, or even refuses to understand it exists. Now, I believe that's due to their overwhelming patients they encounter, their training levels and insurance. Does anyone else find this to be true? Terry your not alone. In Lyme it's like we have to star paving the way for future care through our testimonials. Be blessed Deborah, keep up your fight you know your body.

• Posted

I the most thing to do is maintain a good diet, treat yourself with natural supplements and continue to search for answers.
    • Posted

OMG. Some one on here must know of a doctor in the uk who recognises Lyme disease I have muscle twitching all over my body. Definite brain fog and I did have the bullseye rash for sure back in November last year it is still sort of visible now as a rash because I scratched it a bit. I'm very anxious and now on anti depressants  I can't see any future with this state I'm in I'm just holding it enough to keep my job going but some days I feel like my bubble is about to burst the muscle pains are getting worse. Can some one please please help. Lymes desease is a life changing debilitating desease 

• Posted

Hi there, oh I'm so sorry to hear this. I am praying you can continue to fight. As we know this Lyme mimics mental illnesses. I hope a dr. Will take in your case. You know I have had this happen to me just so similar to your case. In fact it is so good to meet you Barbara. Keep your chin up. Deborah.... it's hard to type right now.

• Posted

List.oh I need to sleep, does anyone suffer list sleep.
  • Posted

Also, thank you for your symptom lust . It really helps me see I'm not alone after all.Deborah

• Posted

Hi there. I actually got five hours of sleep, Barbara. I hope your day is well. Let me know if you need anything, a quick hello from USA. 
    • Posted

Hi Deborah7445:  I am so glad u were able 2 get some sleep.  I sometimes get about 4-5 hours but that is rare at this point.  I hope I get some sleep tonight as I have had a horrendous day today with no sleep last night and symptoms raging all day.  Talk 2 u soon.  Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.