Burping ( wind)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ,I have asthma ,Bronchietis ,borderline emphasyma ,I also have high blood pressure controlled by medication ,,,,just lately I have started to burp quite a lot ,especially after breakfast when I take my medictation  ,and other meal times, anyone else have this problem ,,,,it's just pure air/wind ( from mouth only ) 

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't see burping as much of an issue myself, but if you have reflux with it there's excellent medication for that, talk to your doctor.

It's almost certainly one of the medications if that's the only time you burp, check out the manufacturers' info on the internet if you haven't already done so

• Posted

Hi Nanny1086,

Burping is not a lung or chest issue. It's Gastrointestinal or esophagial. Something is producing air/gas in your stomach or you may have an issue with reflux. You can even get it if you can't breath thru your nose when u eat...meaning your sinuses are swollen so when you eat you basically are chewing and breathing thru your mouth, which can cause burping or air buildup. Also some medications can cause an overproduction of gas. So...you see, it could be several things but not lung or chest. I hope this helps. Be sure and see your Dr and keep us posted. I'd love to know if it's your medication since it shows after taking your meds. ladyjack51

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your in put ,,,,,before I bother the GP,,,I thought I would try a couple of things first ,,,,I've started to STOP taking all my inhalers and tablets at the same time,,,,,and I've stopped having toast for

breakfast ( someone told me it could be that. ) ,,,,

,and I am currently back with the copd nurses

at pulmary rehab ( after 3 chest infections since September) ,

im also drinking lots of water during exersise,,,,,

I'm hoping things will sort themselves out ,,,and I'll find the solution without  going to GP, ,,,,but I will let you know how I get on ,thankyou for taking the trouble to comment ,best wishes ,

• Posted

Have you checked manufacturers' info in the internet because it's almost certainly from the medications if that's when you burp.

If you have no other digestive symptoms, why is it a problem anyway?

• Posted

Hi ,no I haven't checked the internet ,as yet ,,,, 

the burping bothers me ,,,,,,because,,,,, I don't know really ,,,it just does ,,,I never used to burp like this ,,,,,I will definitely read up on my medication ,thanks for your time ,best wishes,

• Posted

I know it's annoying but surely burping with no other symptoms (eg reflux or heartburn) is a very minor issue in the scale of your other health issues?  Maybe easier to focus on than the big ones you CAN do something about with rehab?    

Just my thoughts, not having a go at you and please let us know what you find out

• Posted

Lol....Easy jude65855, easy....you're so funny. I know you mean no harm but sometimes you are a little too blunt with these new folks who don't know your postings and I just want your advice to be received in the context that you mean to give it...it's just your way.

What female likes to burp jude? Come on now....it's annoying and kind of butch and might even smell, so most ladies don't wanna have an issue with it being uncontrollable. I know I wouldn't. Anyway..be nice...I enjoy you and know that you mean no harm. Ladyjack51

• Posted

Hi, I'm not offende by any comments on here, I to find them helpfull and sometimes amusing ,as for the burping ,,,yes it's a minor thing in the big scheme of my health problems ,,,but it's just one more thing to put up with ,,,,or sort out ,hopefully the latter,,,I will keep you all informed of the progress of my burp.  Haha  ,regards ,,,,
    • Posted

WTF is "butch" about burping?   And for that matter, what's wrong with butch?      

For goodness sake - yeah burping is  ANNOYING but isn't this supposed to be a site about the life threatening conditions under the COPD umbrella?

Take me or leave me and it looks like you're being a bit too protective of the other (presumably) adults on here, nanny isn't having any problem with my comments

• Posted

Yes I see her reply...didn't want you to get mad. All I meant was...the same way you just cursed at me by saying what the [*****] -wtf-can be offensive...some things you say. She didn't have a problem which was kind of her bc you came on pretty strong with her. But I do have a problem with it now bc I didn't curse at you. However, I'm sorry for trying to ease you back a bit...I just knew this wasn't your first time offending others. I tried to be very nice but should not have said anything to you.

Emis Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

• Posted

Hhhmmm..they deleted my previous post probably bc I spelled out what you used initials for...that's the same reason I just tried to ask you to ease up bc you can come on pretty hard...not your first time hearing that either. However, you had no need to curse me. But, I'm sorry I said anything to you, even tho I was very nice about it. She was kind and took you with a grain of salt...very sweet of her.
    • Posted

Oh for goodness sake I wasn't cursing you and why do you think I put it in initials?   I am not coming on hard, but I'm not soft either.    I don't understand the section starting "that's the same reason" and then something about me easing up:  my post wasn't deleted by the moderators, yours was!

I didn't notice even a hint of grain of salt in any of Nanny's replies to me:  in fact, she accepted the information I gave her in good faith and said she would act on it.   "Sweet"?  Just seems normal to me .....

• Posted

Reread what I wrote....I said they deleted MY post. I'm Not gonna argue with you but you yourself said to her that you didn't wanna seem like you were coming for her but....so you knew you were being hard. I've moved on and even answered a posting of yours so no grudges. We both know what "wtf" means...stop denying everything. Let's just move on. There are no winners here.
    • Posted

I know that!  I was pointing out they didn't delete mine because of the initials but did delete yrs because you put the words in full, which is to be expected.   "coming for her"??? I never used those words, which are totally meaningless to me,  and I was not being "hard".  

I will keep denying every false idiotic accusation you make, do you think I'm just going to let them stand without explaining myself?  I'm not into the winners and losers concept actually but I'll be glad to move on from having to keep correcting your misreadings, misinterpreations and misquoting, not to mention outright invention of things I never wrote eg "coming on?"

• Posted

Can you just move on from this?    I think everyone's bored with it, I know I am
    • Posted

What are you talking about??? If you look that was 5 days ago when everyone was talking to you that I last spoke about this mess so trust and believe I moved on then!!!

Are you trying to dredge things up again, with me or something? Hope not bc that really would be annoying...look at the date...so I'm not sure why I got this from you today??? I hope it's your error.....?

• Posted

Yr post only appeared this morning.  Glad you've moved on ....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.