Burping ( wind)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ,I have asthma ,Bronchietis ,borderline emphasyma ,I also have high blood pressure controlled by medication ,,,,just lately I have started to burp quite a lot ,especially after breakfast when I take my medictation  ,and other meal times, anyone else have this problem ,,,,it's just pure air/wind ( from mouth only ) 

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

PS:  I just noticed you write "inhalers" plural - my gp said to not use spiriva and symbicort (cortisone) inhalers within an hour of each other.

If you're using ventolin, are you using a spacer because you're losing most the beneift if not, or so I've been told.

Maybe you're swallowing too much air with the inhalers

• Posted

My inhalers are accuhalers as I find them easier to use as I have arthritis in my fingers ,so can't use a spacer, my inhalers are ,venolin ,seratide and Spireva , and yes I used to take them one after the other,,,,I'll try leaving time between each one ,thanks again , 
    • Posted

Sorry, but I don't understand, if you can hold an inhaler why can't you hold a spacer for the ventolin?   Spacers aren't relevant for the other two, which are what I use.

I reckon you're just doing too much breathing in with 3 inhalers close on top of each other, didn't they tell you to leave time between?   And my recollection from advice given to other people when I did a rehab group, if you're using spiriva and symbicort the ventolin is only for symptomatic relief at other times, not as a preventative, which is what the other two are.

Personally ventolin doesn't make any difference for me because my bronchial tubes are apparently ok.

As it sounds as if yr doctor or doctors haven't given  you full instructions on your medication, can you get yourself to a rehab group?  I highly recommend it, of course it won't cure anything but it could prolong your life and make your condition easier to deal with

All the best & stay in touch with this forum

• Posted

It's the pressing down on inhaler ventalin inhaler ,and you can't use a spacer with accuhalers,and no I was never told to leave time between them, until I was rehab Tuesday ,I know that venom in is a reliever and the Otheres are preventers, I have also been attending pulmary rehab on and off since 2008 ,the team that take care of me are brilliant ,and on Tuesday at rehab ,, they told me about leaving time between inhalers ,,,and it was in my notes ,,,I just hadn't read them properly, like you I highly recommend pulmary rehab ,
    • Posted

Thanks very much ,tried the time gap and you were right ,,,,no burping now ,thanks again ,I had completely forgotten about the time gap ,,,
  • Posted

Hi everyone,it seems I've started a discussion that's caused bad feelings to some ,,,for this I apologise,,,,I was asking about the problem BURPING . And as this page is for copd etc , I can see why some thought I should have mentioned it ,BUT in my defence ,,,,I was wondering if anyone else with breathing problems had found the same problem and possibly connected it to some medication, 

someone on here ( can't remember who ) reminded me that we should not take all inhalers at the same time ,,,,and to have a time interval between them ,,,,I thank the person who suggested this ,,,,,as it seems to have solved the problem BURPING ,,as I have started to leave a half hour gap between taking each inhaler ,

once again thankyou for everyone's advise and comments ,

and I hope I haven't caused offence to anyone,

as a fellow asthma Bronchietis sufferer I thought this would be ok to ask the question about burping and any connection with medication ,

I thought it might be one of my many new medications causing it ,,,,but it appears not ,,,,and the problem is resolved, thanks again ,

• Posted

Nanny you don't need to apologise:  I did comment that burping isn't very serious compared to other issues but it's other peop[le, not you, who've overreacted to that.  I don't see how you've caused offence to anyone, so don't worry about it.

I'm really glad if my suggestion about not using the inhalers together has helped already - all the best

• Posted

Thankyou, and yes it has ,,,,I can't believe that something so simple but important as spacing the inhalers slipped my memory ,the ankhs for the reminder ,I was rehab today and told the nurse ,,,,after a rye smile she said it's all in your file ,,,,READ IT ,,HAHA,
    • Posted

Well that's a bit of a lesson, eh?  I've done the same thing, if I don't write stuff down while I'm with medical people or immediately after I forget stuff too

All the best

• Posted

What a good feeling huh jude? Especially since today has been so ruff. I'm truly glad your advice helped her. It's not the first time that you've given good info...we all know that.
    • Posted

Well your post gave me a good feeling too ladyjack:  I think I'm being "flamed", is that the right term?   I've just come home from a great night out with friends at a gig of a local band full of other friends of mine, to find yet more nasty repetitive posts on here, which I've deleted without reading anything except the first line or so.

You'd reckon these people would have better things to do:  I apologised and that should've been the end of it.  I did notice one poster wants me "banned" from here ...... talk about extreme over-reaction!

Thanks and all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.