Burst Ovarian Cyst

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone! I am hoping someone will have been in this situation and will be able to offer some advice. I am 24, went to GP with pain in lower right abdomen, nausea, stomach cramps and diahorrea 6 days ago, suspected appendicitis, told if pain remained call again and would be admitted to hospital. Day later, I had to be admitted as pain was dreadful. Was kept on a surgical ward for 2 days, talk of a laporoscopy (camera) or ultrasound to see whats going on. I had a raised temperature and the pain had radiated to my back. However, after a day and a half of being on a fluid drip, I suddenly felt better. The consultant thinks it was an ovarian cyst that had burst and discharged me 2 days ago. Without any investigations being performed to confirm. I am now sat at home, a little discomfort has come back and I have no advice leaflet, had no ultrasound, and do not know if I have them on my other ovary. What do you guys think I should do? Do I return to my GP and ask for an ultrasound to confirm if ovarian cyst/ what type/ any action needed? Or is it just a case of as they think its a burst ovarian cyst, I have to assume it has healed and wait for recovery? Also, how long do most people find it took them to feel back to 'FULL' health? Would appreciate any help and advice you can provide as most websites just talk about cancer and ovary removal and people who knew they had a cyst and were informed of what would happen to them! Thanks, smile

4 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Vivky

I am pleased you have got your appointment with your doctor. It is good that you are feeling ok.

Hope your appointment goes ok.

Best wishes

Theresa

• Posted

Hi Vivky

I am pleased you have got your appointment with your doctor. It is good that you are feeling ok.

Hope your appointment goes ok.

Best wishes

Theresa

• Posted

Just to keep you lovely ladies updated, I saw the GP today and she has referred me for an ultrasound as she thinks it is only right that we get a proper idea of whats going on with it all. She examined me too today and thankfully there was no pain, just a little tenderness when she pressed very hard. smile I will let you know the results of the ultrasound once I have had my appointment. Hope you are all well!

All the best,

Vicky

• Posted

I am so pleased you got to see your gp Vicky. Do you know how long you have to wait to have the ultrasound. I hope it is not too long before you get your appointment. I am waiting to go for an appointment to see Rheumatologist at the end of the month for my arthritis. Not sure if Rheumatoid or Osteo. Hope all goes well for you. Theresa x x
  • Posted

Hi Ladies! Going for my ultrasound today, results due back in 10-14 days, will keep you posted! smile

Vicky x

• Posted

Hi Vicky I hope when you get your results they are all ok. Just had my other daughter in hospital last weekend and they were not sure whether appendicitis or ovarian cyst given her pain. Had her on fluids and as the pain settled down they discharged her. Said her bloods showed inflammation with her appendix. Never checked her inflammation markers before she came out. Now got the worry not knowing properly what was causing the pain. They told her as she was on the pill was unlikely to be her ovaries.

Theresa x x

• Posted

Hi Vicky I hope when you get your results they are all ok. Just had my other daughter in hospital last weekend and they were not sure whether appendicitis or ovarian cyst given her pain. Had her on fluids and as the pain settled down they discharged her. Said her bloods showed inflammation with her appendix. Never checked her inflammation markers before she came out. Now got the worry not knowing properly what was causing the pain. They told her as she was on the pill was unlikely to be her ovaries.

Theresa x x

• Posted

Theresa x x

• Posted

Hi Theresa! I am soo sorry to hear that about your other daughter. sad Sounds very similar to my experience. I would take her back to the GP and request an ultrasound. I had mine the other day and as far as the sonographer could tell it was all clear. What was reassuring too though, was that although it doesn't provide a view of the appendix, they can tell if there is any free fluid in the pelvic area due to a problem with it, so I would highly recommend going back. I just wish I had done mine sooner so that I could have had a diffinitive 'yes it is a cyst' or 'no its...'!! >sad Let me know how your daughter gets on, and my thoughts are with her, it is absolute agony and stressful not knowing what is going on.

Vicky xx

• Posted

Thanks Vicky I will tell her to go see her gp to be referred for an ultrasound. Will let you no how it all goes.

Theresa

• Posted

Hi Vicky

My daughter has been back to gp for a blood test to see if any inflammation present. She has no tummy pains and waiting on her results.

Hope you are doing ok

Theresa x x

• Posted

Hi Theresa!

Glad to hear your GP acted quickly with the blood test, I hope the results come back all clear for you and your daughter! Do let me know how she gets on. I am now doing fine, no recurrence of the pain and seeing my GP on thursday to confirm the ultrasound was all clear, I will let you know how I get on too.

Best wishes,

Vicky xx

• Posted

Hi Vicky

Thanks for your message. I hope your results come back ok on Thursday. Do let me know how you get on as well.

Take care

Theresa x x

• Posted

Hi Theresa!

Went to the doctors earlier and I had some positive news. Ultrasound was absolutely clear and no sign of any newly formed cysts either. smile Very big relief and nice to hear from a female GP that its very, very common for women to have a cyst burst without even realising they had one in the first place! smile I hope your daughter gets the same positive results from her tests as I have.

All the best,

Vicky xx

• Posted

Hi vicky really pleased for you that everything is ok. Such a relief! My daughter got her blood results back and everything came back ok.

Take care

Theresa x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.