Busy B supplement

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been reading various threads on here for a while now. 

It has been a life saver...to know I am not alone going through this! For the last 3 years I have felt like I'm going mad. Suffer with panic attacks, anxiety, palpitations, hot flushes, aching legs, bad circulation, leg cramps, ridiculous tiredness, heavy periods.. The list goes on.. Have ended up at A&E due to panic attacks a few times.. Hating this period of life! I just want to feel good again for longer than a day or so.. 

I noticed that a high dose B6/B12 supplement has helped some of you.. So today I bought the Busy B supplement from Holland and Barrett. 

I am just slightly concerned as have been reading about too much B6/B12.. How long is it OK to take this high a dose for? Also has anyone experienced any side effects taking it?

My GP's answer to all my symptoms is Citalopram.. I am not keen at all!

Any info and points of view greatfully received.. 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Herv

Well if your worried dont take any supplements. 

I take no end of beneficial vits helpful for menopause, been in peri meno 10 years 

Post meno now, age 50.

I certainly would not be without supplements. 

Its not HRT or antidepressants take docs push at you.. 

B6 etc helped me no end 

But the choice is yours 

Good luck 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Again Jay..

I'm definitely going to give the B vits a try and looking into what else may help.. 

Really appreciate your advice and support. 

We all have to work out what might work for us and I appreciate your honesty. 

I'm of the opinion I'm approximately 3 years into peri.. I am now 43..

My mum went through early menopause all done by 46 but didn't have all the symptoms I have. She had 2 children.. I 've had 4 this could make a difference, I don't know, we're all different.. 

Sorry if I came across as not liking your advice.. 

I am greatful to everyone on this site!

xx

• Posted

Hi herv

My mum also started meno at 42 all done at 44.. She had 4 kids. No hrt 

Me i was 10 years 😞 i had two kids. 

In my early peri i found rainforest maca amazing and still take it now with all my others 😀 

Didnt even think for one minute you wasnt appreciating my advice .. So dont worry about that hun

Jay xx

• Posted

sorry i see i keep spelling your name wrong😣
  • Posted

Hi there I suffer with really bad anxiety and feel that everyday is a struggle for me and I have been on citalopram of my gp for a few year now but don't see any difference that there ment to make I have bought holland and Barrett B-100 vitamins to see if these will help me I have 7 children also and just do not have any energy and was advised these would help with all my problems I suffer 

thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.