buzzing in my head

Posted , 6 users are following.

6 weeks ago I was told I had suffered a stroke,the first CT scan and MRI came back clear, I am waiting for results of a second CT scan. I now have constant buzzing in my head it is driving me mad, does any one else have this?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

A good neuradiologist will be able to tell if a CT scan and MRI scan shows a stroke, thats a good neuroradiologist, not a radiologist.  Best method is a MRA Angiography for this, and if you had a further CT scan, it needs to be done with a contrast agent.

Some radiologist just glance and say its not intercranial, which is missleading to patients, as the skull bone shows like a stroke , but the MRI does not always take account of the skull bone .  Would ask for a neurilogist and pose questions on other possibilities in the head to include the bone and Cerebal spinal fluid.  CT scan results hould be studied at the time, as if a person as suffered a stroke you do not release them from hospital. Some strokes can also be old strokes that have ocurred and show up.   Would be worth seeing a ENT as well . Best wishes

• Posted

Thank you Chris, I have an appointment booked for 29th January, when I see a consultant so hopefully I will find out more then. I am still waiting to get an appointment for an echo and 24 hour heart monitor.
  • Posted

Hi Trudy, apart from the buzzing hope you are well, how did they diagnose your stroke if nothing  has shown on the scan, what were your symptons xxx
    • Posted

Hi Karen, I went to the hospital with numbness down one side of my face, I thought I had an ear infection, but on examination I had lost strength in my right hand and leg.I was taken straight to the stroke ward and was kept in for 5 days. I did suffer a bad episode while I was there and after my discharge on the Wednesday I was taken back to hospital, in an ambulance with another episode.I had a CT Scan and MRI and doppler but they all came back clear, I had a second CT scan 2 weeks ago and have an appointment just come through yo see a consultant on 29th January. I am a 60 year old women and up till now have been healthy and still work full time. I have been off work for 6 weeks now. I have a droopy right eye and my right hand is still a bit weak but I am also getting bad headaches especially if I cough or bend down and this constant buzzing in my head which is horrible, I just wondered if this is normal?
    • Posted

Oh dear it's not nice, Going from being healthy to now feeling like this, I had a small stroke on the 7th November on my way to a much needed weekend away, but ended up in Truro hospital,I HAD A CT Scan there that indicated the stroke, I was given aspirin and an appointment at my local hospital,I had Doppler all clear, waiting on MRI results and loop heart monitor results, I am still waiting on echo cardigan test, All seem to take forever. I am just anxious and panicky really, I went back to work 2 weeks before Christmas but 2 hours less a day, I couldn't face getting up at 5am.

I don't know what the buzzing is, must be some sort of tinnitus maybe, I expect the headaches are part and parcel, what med are you on, maybe it's them?

I was taking beta blockers for my Anxietys but took myself off, they made me so dizzy and worse.

I am 53 prob drank and smoked a bit too much, downfall of crisps biccys cheese and chocolates, So they found high cholesterol, Wake up call for me one thinks

• Posted

Wow Karen can't believe you went back to work so quick. I am so tired all the time so there is no way I can go back at this time. When I was in hospital for 5 days I was given aspirin I am now on Clopidogrel, lansoprazole,statins and now Amitriptyline for my headaches, shake me and I rattle. I seem to have a couple of goods days then feel bad again, do you have this?
    • Posted

I lived in a fog for the first couple of weeks, I have no residue problems just a tingling arm occasionally that maybe is the nerve I'm thinking, My main problem is panic attacks at night any twitch or twinge I think it's another one coming, I too am on chlopidogrel and artovastatin, The chlopidogrel really make me bruise, thought I had a fight with Mike Tyson in my sleep lol,

Yes some mornings I would think yep I feel good today, but quite short lived,

I was very tired and still get very tired easily, I feel a lot more impatient and intolerant  than I was, My husband bless him try's to be patient, 

I went back to work for myself as I hated being home on my own all day. 

I hope you feel better soon, 

I just would like to know any results to see if they can tell why it happened either from the heart or brain, it's that what you will find out the end of jan.

x

• Posted

Thank you Karen, it is good to talk to someone who is going through the same thing, I am a widow I am close to my daughter but I try not to complain to much to her as I do not want to worry her. I will let you know what the consultant says x
    • Posted

Just complain to me Trudy, I can take it, and I feel for you xxx
  • Posted

What part of the country are you from Trudy, x
    • Posted

Sorry it has taken me a few days to reply to you Karen, I had another bad episode on Sunday, which lasted till yesterday. I live in Sunderland, how about you?
    • Posted

Hi Trudy, did you bless you, what happened? So this is your third episode, what did they do for you this time, I'm so sorry to hear this, did they do any more tests on you, I live in Plymouth, my terminology Grimouth, Ah Trudy I hope they get this resolved, Can't believe you have had another one xxx
    • Posted

Hi Karen, I did not go to hospital as the last time I went the stroke sister was really horrible, she spoke to me like I was wasting her time not a nice person, so I just stayed at home and waited for it to pass, I will tell my own doctor when I see him on friday. Shame you are so far away, I live in Sunderland but I come from a little village in Hampshire, about 5 miles from Andover.
    • Posted

Oh Trudy you should of gone to the hospital or rang your doctor, what was your symptons, I wish I lived near you, Do you think it was anxiety orientated or more severe, you are like me and haven't had heart tests yet, it could be to do with afib or something, have you rung your docs to tell them you have had another episode xxx
    • Posted

I know I should really have gone to the hospital but due to what happened the last time, I did not want to go in. I had numbness down one side of my face, neck and arm and felt really unwell. It has worn off a lot now but I have bad headaches which I will tell the doctor about tomorrow. xx
    • Posted

Hi Trudy, glad it's easing off a bit now, I was getting intermittent numbness down my arm and side of my face, for a while after, The stroke clinic advised me to go to AE I said well I would be up there 24/7 she said it could be TIAs, But I wasn't sure if getting anxious over it and I mean really anxious made it worse, It has worn off now, If it came back now I think I would have to go back as it's been ok for a month now, I'm so glad you have got doctors tomorrow 
    • Posted

They may be more helpful, I now have the added bonus of every bone in my legs and back aching not sure if it's the statins, I am on 80mg, very high dose, can't understand it really, my cholesterol was 3.4, Border line high, do you know what yours was?

good luck tomorrow, let me know what they say 

xxx

• Posted

Hi Trudy, how did you get on xx
    • Posted

Hi Karen, well have been to the doctors he could not tell me much but did confirm that the app I have for 29th is with the stroke consultant, I also have an app on 27th for 24 hour heart monitor. He wants me to go back to see him in february. Really getting fed up with feeling so unwell just want to get back to normal.xx
    • Posted

Oh so none the wiser really, I know the feeling of not being you, It does come back!! You are about 3 weeks behind me, so next week you will be feeling a bit normal I promise, 
    • Posted

I'm sorry my email keeps crashing before I finish, I rang the hospital today re my heart appointment and she was so rude, I put the phone down, It does get easier, have you got any one there with you xxx
    • Posted

Hi Karen, I hope you are right and I will start feeling better soon, I have an app on monday to see occupational health regarding my job that should be interesting, my work have been really good, at the moment I am still on full pay. I live on my own since losing my husband 7 years ago but my daughter is only 5 minutes away. How are your aches and pains now, have they stopped? xxx
    • Posted

Hi Trudy, yes I'm sure you will feel better soon, I wasn't fully 100% when I went back to work, We only get statutory sick pay o I needed to get back really, Still ache like an old women, sure it must be the stattins, Hope my cholesterol sorts it self out, I'm on a high dose of them, hope you have a good day today x
    • Posted

Thanks Karen I am going to have a positive attitude, like you and get better, no more feeling sorry for myself x
    • Posted

Well Trudy I have been trying to convince myself that of all the 1,000s and 1,000s of people that have them, They must carry on and they are not on this forum, So we must be the minority and the other people do not have any recurrences, A woman at work mum had one ten years ago, and my freinds dad had one 8 years ago neither had another one, It's a bit like booking a plane ticket for hollibobs, you don't constantly think the plane might crash, or going for a drive think the car will crash, So we got to try and be positive xxx
    • Posted

Well third day now with minor symptoms so I am going to believe that I am now on the mend. I have been to frightened to drive but I am now determined to take the car out for a run tomorrow. Take care xx
    • Posted

Yep get in that car, Makes you feel a bit better, just go on the little roads.

Have Fun!! Xxx

• Posted

Hi Trudy how are you feeling today? Did you watch doctors on channel 1 today the lady on it had a TIA  they made it look like nothing, watch it if you have I player xx
    • Posted

No I didn't see it but will watch on I play, off now for blood test take care xx
    • Posted

Hi Trudy, Good luck with blood tests, I haven't got mine till the fourth of Feb, I know they are laid back down here, but blimey they are on a go slow, was it just routine after the event, cholesterol etc, xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.