buzzing in my head

Posted , 6 users are following.

6 weeks ago I was told I had suffered a stroke,the first CT scan and MRI came back clear, I am waiting for results of a second CT scan. I now have constant buzzing in my head it is driving me mad, does any one else have this?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Trudy

When you say a buzzing in your head 

I had a stroke three years ago a couple of days prior i had a pulse in my head and flt like it was in my eye it was continious this was my warning it became stronger and louder a couple of days later i couldnt move talk it was very stressful iwas rushed to hospital and was thromilised ithink your buzzing is a warning so do not stress and get checked out it sounds like a tia a stroke would show on the scan 

Jane

• Posted

Hi Jane, hope you are well, I just asking did you have any reoccurrence after your first one, or was that it, did they they say what caused it, and are you on life long medication now xx
  • Posted

It must depend on which Hospital you were taken to. I had a stroke 3 years ago, was diagnosed left side stroke. Had a scan and an MRI. The Consultant showed me the results and explained the impact. Was kept in for 3 weeks . Consultant and nurses were brilliant. Since being discharged with medication - Warfarin, BP medication and I was already taking beta blockers. My cholestorol was 6.2 and the consultant told me that was OK. My Dr subsequently put me on statins, which I have now stopped as levels are fine and I don't want to take unnecessary drugs.

My memory is my biggest issue, along with panic attacks as I have had 4 ? TIA's since. Used to go to A&E as I blacked out each time, but as they didn't do anything, I stay at home and rest until feeling better. If I can help in any way, please let me know.

• Posted

I forgot to mention, I too have constant buzzing in the ears/head. It is quite debilitating. My Dr sent me to local ENT dept. and they performed a standard hearing test, very helpful? as I don't have a problem with my hearing. Do you have balance problems and feel like you're going to fall over? 

I also have problem with sense of direction and was terrified of getting lost. Like you I have recently started driving again, just locally in our village.  

I also have problems with my eyes, somedays they become quite droopy (right) but that goes off. 

• Posted

Hi Pauline, my cholesterol was 3.4 which is classed as border high, I thought  6.2 was very very high, don't understand it x
    • Posted

Hi Pauline, yes going to the hospital is a waste of time, I had to call an ambulance on thursday as I felt really unwell, with numbness and chest pains but by the time I saw the stroke nurse , some 6 hours later the symptoms has gone and she treat me like a time waster, really horrible person, then sent me home.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.