BV and vaginal burning!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does BV cause vaginal burning? I read in some places that it's one of the rare symptoms of BV. I have slight smell and some discharge (not a lot), but what's bothering me the most is the burning. My symptoms started when I got pregnant ( semen could be the culprit), unfortunately I miscarried at 6 weeks but BV stayed rolleyes. I am on my second treatment of antibiotic (cleocin) since flagyl did not work.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had burning issue years ago with severe case, it went away with oral metro
    • Posted

Oh I think you are talking about flagyl. I already completed one course but zero affects sad
    • Posted

Yes, its didnt work last time nor clindamycin(cleocin) but Z pak worked. Dr gave it to me for an infected tooth. Go figure?!
    • Posted

What exactly is a z pak? And what was the process in taking it?
    • Posted

Hi there, 

Can you please tell me how long till you felt better taking the metro?  Did you still have periods of burning while taking the antibiotics before it completely went away? I’m Almost on day 4 of 7 if taking mine metro..

Thank you 

• Posted

Hi mishi15887,

My symptoms are quite similar to yours I also was put on flagyl took it orally and that did not work I also tried the gel and that didn't work it made me more irritated I am now on my 3rd round of antibiotics my doctor prescribed the cleocin in the cream form I have 2 more days I feel like my symptoms have improved but have not completely gone away if the cleocin does not work my next step will be to try the PH-D boric acid suppositories I have heard a lot of great reviews on them and how women have tried everything to cure BV and boric acid is the only thing that worked for them to help cure BV so I'm at my wits end with this situation it's been 2 months so I'm willing to try anything. I hope you are cured very soon.

• Posted

Thanks Nov10 for replying. Is burning your main issue? I started my second treatment of antibiotics (cleocin tablets), currently on day 2 but no improvement. I also started probiotics today. I am also ordering acti-gel. Hope we find a solution soon.
    • Posted

A bit of burning and discomfort/irritation. What is the acti-gel your talking about?
    • Posted

I got to know about it on this forum n read good reviews on Amazon as well. It's supposed to help with BV. You can search on Amazon.

• Posted

Hi mishi15887

I just wanted to check status and see how you were doing? Any improvement? I finished my medication last Saturday and still no full improvement it's very depressing. I'm gonna be making an appointment with a obgyn to see what they say.

• Posted

I dont have the vaginal burning or itching. I have the discharge with fishy odor smell that I dont like. I am taking flagyl at the moment for 2 times a day once in the morning and the other at night. It's been working and I was told to eat plain white yogurt that has the ingredient acidophilus which helps fight the bacteria and smell and take at least 2 table spoons a day of the yogurt which helps BV.

• Posted

I think I have BV and my worse symptom is horrible baginal burning. I think I have a severe case as it went in for over two weeks before I was properly diagnosed. I was finally given 2000mg Flagyl orally in the ER 4 days ago and symptoms have improved somewhat except for this burning. When I sit for a long time or when walking, I still am having burning. I went to the gyn 2 days ago and she seemed unfazed that I was having so much burning, like it's very common and normal. She prescribed a steroid/antifungal (nystatin with something else) and said that it should help with the redness, inflammation and burning. I'm on day 3 of using the cream and while I noticed less redness and inflammation, I'm still burning a lot when I sit. Now I'm terrified that I've developed the chronic condition vulvodynia triggered by an infection since the nerves down there are so inflamed. I'm hoping it's just taking my vulva a while to get back to its normal healthy self but I am really anxious that this burning won't go away.

• Posted

Interesting about what you mentioned vulvodynia, when I go see the gyn I am gonna ask about that because my symptoms are similar to yours with the burning/irritation I looked up symptoms and they seem to be what I'm experiencing the funny thing is when I went to see my primary doctor and she did some rest on me labs came back saying I had BV but I dunno I don't think the doctors do enough research on this condition. I feel your pain and I hope we can all find a cure for this 🙏🏼

• Posted

Hello middlechild79. I have BV and been taking flagyl 400 the pills twice a day and it worked for my smelling that I had. I had bumps that were irritating until I found out that I had purritous which causes bumps to itch and irritate while urinating or burn. I hope that yiur problem will get resolved. For the burning of bumps or itching take hydrocortisone 2.5 ointment for the pain because it worked for me. You have apply it several times a day and wash your vagina with non scent soap. I hope this help your vagina.
    • Posted

It's bumps that are around your vagina which can be caused by irritation from soaps, or sweat. It's not contagious but its best to use hydrocortisone for the itching. Pat your vagina as you wash it so you don't irritate the bumps. It's not contagious at all. If you find out that you have this use hydrocortisone ointment 2.5%.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.