BV and vaginal burning!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does BV cause vaginal burning? I read in some places that it's one of the rare symptoms of BV. I have slight smell and some discharge (not a lot), but what's bothering me the most is the burning. My symptoms started when I got pregnant ( semen could be the culprit), unfortunately I miscarried at 6 weeks but BV stayed rolleyes. I am on my second treatment of antibiotic (cleocin) since flagyl did not work.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When I had BV I had burning, discomfort and irritation. Did you find anything that worked for your burning to go away?
  • Posted

So, three weeks after my last post, I have been diagnosed with vulvodynia, specifically vestibulodynia.  My urogyn thinks it could have been caused by an initial infection which somehow hypersensitized the nerve ends on my vulva.  Thankfully the burning sensation is gone for the most part but I have discomfort, stinging and irritation every day.  He has prescribed a topical compound cream to be used twice a day and is pretty confident it will eventually go away.  Although I have read horror stories of women who have had vulvodynia for years, even decades, without a solution.  I'm hopeful I won't be one of those.

• Posted

Thank you for letting us know how it turned out! I am happy to hear you have found some relief and I hope it goes away 100% for you! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.