BV CURED!

Posted , 390 users are following.

I was pretty excited to come on this site to share what has cured me because i know how frustrating bv is and i am sure some of you have tried many things.

I had bv for 3 months. I am just now getting over it. I had gone to the doctors twice and have taken metronidazole and clindamycin. both intravaginal gels. Both gave me unwanted side effects and my symptoms came back after a week with both. I have also tried douching with h202 and vinegar for 5 days but it did not cure me while taking acidiphilus tablets and inserting two vaginally. It did not cure me. Little by little the itch would come back.

After a lot of research i was determined to fight this as I have seen many women have it for years and not have any solutions. Here are my findings and I am proud to say I am bv free! I take a vitamin b complex with folic acid 800, vitamin d3 5000iu and acidiphilus daily. do some research on it and test it out, i promise you wont be disappointed!

36 likes, 1009 replies

1009 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Kris29,

i have two questions. 1) do you consistently take the probiotics or only when you have a flare up?

2) as far as the olive leaf extract, do you take the liquid or capsules ?

• Posted

I had bv for almost a year6-8 months. I don't have flare ups I got rid of it.

I have a systemic yeast infection from metronidazole so I take capsules of olive leaf. Start with strong dose and drink lots of water to kick out the bad. I take 750mg 4-6 a day.Research olive leaf to be aware high doses cause a die off where symptoms get worse but will get better. 

• Posted

I use aso yeast tablets and take everyday and havent had any problems with yeast infections.  I no longer use any Dr perscribed meds or over-the-counter creams for BV or Yeast.  I have been free of both for over 2 years the only time I have a problem with yeast is when I have to take Antibiotics due to an infection like a sinus infection.

• Posted

I used the azo tablets and they were great for getting rid of symptoms but really it wasn't killing my candida it was covering up my symptoms nd when I topped taking it it came back full effect. So I would take it for symptom relief but nowhere near a cure 
  • Posted

I've had bv 9 times in the last year which Ive always used flagyl to get rid of it, but it always comes back. Every time my husband ejaculates in me, I'm guaranted to get it. My only symptom is terrible smell.

The most recent episode, I was determined to cure it naturally without antibiotics. After researching every thread on bv for a week and several experiments, this is what I did and it finally got rid of it...until next time im sure sad

Day 1- Bought acidophilis, 1 Billion Active cells. I  took 3 per day orally and 1 vaginally at night. 

Day 2- no results. continued with day 1 regiem and introduced probiotic yogurt to my diet and ate alot of it. I cut back on sugar intake too. 

Day 3- no results. Continued with acidophilis orally and vaginally, yogurt and added folic adic 1mg per day.

Day 4- no results, now im getting fed up! started the day as usual with probiotic yogurt, acidophilis, folic acid. Went to the drug store and found a better quality acidophilis. Womens Probiotic with cranberry. 5 Billion Active Cells. [/b]Up until this point, I said I wasnt going to douche, but I caved and used hydrogen peroxide 3% mixed equal parts water and used a syringe to squirt the solution up there. I must say, what a relief to wash all the nasty out. DIE BACTERIA, DIE!! I inserted a capsule of my new acidophis when finished. More yogurt too.

Day 5- no smell anymore and its 24 hours later smile  I will continue with acidophilis, folic acid and yogurt. 

• Posted

Hi Sandra, please could you tell me how you're getting on now? Has it come back? I'm about to try all these things but I'm set upon my partner 'giving' this to me and that I will be able to cure myself but he will always pass it back and I just don't know what to do. Please could you share anymore info with me? I would really appreciate it. Lin
    • Posted

Many things can cause BV.  Its very possible that his semen is the cause.  Semen is one of the many  things that can upset you PH balance.
    • Posted

I know it is because of his semen. I never have problems and have never had problems with anything like this before I got with him. I don't want to continue being in this situation every time, because he is who I love and want to be with. I know it's nothing I've done. It's sad to think something is not compatible and can't be cured without reading about constantly taking vitamins and what not. I am 21, vhealthy diet and very active and had this for a year on and off. I've booked the docs for the last time and will get a referral to see a gynaecologist. Fingers crossed this goes away soon !
    • Posted

Thank you Bridget. I am in England so it won't hurt me to see one just so I can say I've been. Luckily we don't pay here as we have the Nhs. Thank you so much though.. I will definitely keep hold of your advice as I'm sure it will be needed. I've seen 3 Docs and they really couldn't share much about it. Everything they gave me helped temporarily! Thanks again, I appreciate it :-) 
    • Posted

thinkpink09. It was only temporary relief, I still had the infection and I broke down and took 2 doses of flagyl. however, I must say, while doing all that my bv was not as severe as other times. I will continue to take the probiotics and folic acid every day. I've pretty much decided that I can't cure it naturally  [sad]  I'm the same as you, I'm 25, never had this with previous partners, it seems to be my husband and I are incompatible.

I saw my doctor for a pap test since my last post and she noticed I had a yeast infection which I didnt notice because I was just so damn happy my BV was gone. I treated the yeast infection anyway. While talking to my doctor I told her AGAIN about the re-occuring problem. I told her I tried everything to cure it naturaly and it didnt work. she suggests I just take a flagyl after having sex. She also said this problem may work itself out on its own, or it might change when I stop taking birth control. She basically gave me an unlimited prescription for flagyl.

My husband and I are long distance so I go long intervals without sex. I only get BV after sex with him, so I treat it, Im fine for the next 2 months until we have sex again.  

I will be having sex tuesday, and I think I'll just go right ahead and take 500mg of flagyl. Ive been thru this enough times and its a sad reality, but I'm not going to wait for the wretched smell to kill my husband and I. I'll kill it first haha. I am so disapointed its come down to this but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. I will double up on my probiotics while taking the flagyl in hopes to avoid another yeast infection. Good luck and if you find the miracle, hook me up!!!

• Posted

I also wanted to add there is a yogurt called kefir. I also drank that on top of my probiotic every day. Each serving has 20billion cultures. I used it plain nd made a smoothie out of frozen strawberries as they are low in sugar with some cinnamon to decrease the yogurt tart taste. Good luck to everyone reading 
    • Posted

Thank you.. I will continue to try new things. I've been told that this can just eventually go after a long period of time. Would help if it was researched more though as you read different things all over the internet about it. My mum battled with thrush for over 10 yrs on and off to the point of tears it was so severe.. eventually it just went. No miracle cure either, no change in diet. Wishful thinking for BV but if anything helps long term I'll be happy to share it. Thanks very much for replying, good luck to you too.  
    • Posted

I had issues only once unfortunately but had a saving grace since I was dating a doctor at the time. Most people do not realize men carry the bacteria that causes BV but since they do not have our same equipment they have absolutely zero symptoms so unknowingly reintroduce the BV each time he ejaculates in you so your husband/boyfriend must also take a round of flagyl. Here is the Seven-day course of treatment for him- 250 mg three times daily for seven consecutive days. (By prescription only) until he is treated unfortunately he will always give it right back to you....once BOTH of you have treated (ideally at the same time just to be safe) you should become BV free and you shouldn't have any more problems. smile
    • Posted

Men do not carry the bacteria.......it is actually their semen that is causing your ph to go crazy. BV is caused by a ph imbalance.  The normal pH of the vagina is 4.5 or less Any thing higher can cause a problem:

Menstruation: Blood has a pH of 7.4, so during your period, vaginal pH becomes elevated. (This is why some have it bad right after)

Tampons: Since they retain the fluids that cause pH to increase, tampons can contribute to the problem, especially if you “forget” a tampon and leave it in too long.  

Intercourse: The pH of semen is 7.1 to 8. (This is why some experience it bad after sex)

Douching and cleansers: Any vaginal infusion of water or other fluids can affect vaginal pH. The pH of water is 7, and fragrances and perfumes can also irritate the vagina.

Menopause or pregnancy: These are times where hormones fluctuate, which is associated with elevated pH.

You have to find your triggers and try to avoid or lessen you exposure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.