BV for 4 years

Posted , 8 users are following.

been suffering with this for 4 years plus pid from it with no solution in sight ..iv had metronidiazole 2g dose every month for the last 5 months plus done 14 days of metronidiazole plus doxycycline an cipro and as soon as my period ends every month stinky discharge is back smells like fish most the time or prawn cocktail chrisps hint of onion mixed in aswel ...its aweful and i wouldt wish this on anyone i have changed from thongs to cotton pants iv changed to a mild soap instead of the usual nice bath stuff iv also tried using just water iv been taking probiotics for the last month as a last resort im starting to think its never going to be normal again i have no itchin with mine i did at the start around the vag opening but that seems to have gone just discharge and still a bit of lingering pid at a loss got another doctors appointment tomorrow to see if they can give me some kind of alternative tablet or gel

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Edited

been to doctors and been given clindamycin cream this time will post back if it does anything to help not holding my breath

• Posted

have you tried boric acid suppression therapy?

• Posted

not yet if the clindamycin is a failure ill give the boric acid a go really gets u down in the dumps after battling with it for years

• Edited

yeah it does get you down .

I feel sorry for any ladies in relationships I live alone and single..I'm worried bv will never go and I'll remain single with no children forever .

respect to anyone girl reading who is in a relationship I really don't know how you all do it .

I was reading reviews on bv pesserys and a guy wrote a review for his wife and I thought..arrrr that's lovely .

but I know all men are not as understanding I know a few of my exes who would throw this bv in my face .

I really hope your cream works x

• Edited

i have been in a relationship since this started im pretty sure that changing from my long term partner to my current new partner is possibly what triggered the whole thing he has been sympathetic about the whole thing tho sex whilst stinking is very embarassing for me anyway i guess if someone loves u they love u even if u smell like the local fish market

• Posted

i think its a case of trying different things to see wat works for u i hope u find something that works the doctor told me in most cases it clears up by itself haha well reading all the posts on here tells me that in some people it keeps coming back like the plague

• Posted

Kim,

Good luck and please let me know if the clindamycin works! I have tried Flagyl three times ( the pills), metrogel twice and with a suppression therapy (taking twice a week) and it still didn't go away. I just took boric acid capsules (from compound pharmacy) for two weeks straight and it helped my urinary frequency and the burning feeling. Now I am on boric acid suppression therapy (twice a week for six months). I just finished my period and I am doing a few more days of the boric acid as I feel like its coming back. 😦

• Posted

hi michelle ye the metronidiazole took the urine urgency away for me an the smell ...the longest i have been free from it is two weeks then it came back i seem to just have the discharge and bit of lower back pain that i need rid of the discharge is the worst horrible thinking that people can smell you and not only that but having to change ur pants all the time it makes you feel dirty even tho alot of the time it can be caused by being to clean

• Posted

sorry jen i thought michelle commented but i have tried the pessarys and gel that u can buy over the counter but never worked

• Posted

im going to try the first lot of clindamycin tonight as it says to insert it at bedtime ill i have to do it for 7 nights so will let u know how it goes as alot of people say it burns i usually dont read the reviews on things and just give it a try but thought id read other peoples experiances with it its like with all medications it works for some but not for others

• Posted

ha ha a fish market meets the sewers is how I'd describe it ( for me )

I was using always pads every day for nearly 4 years now and some of the odours on the pad had me baffled then another girl wrote it's like a swerge smell .

yes I was also given the same antibiotics 3 weeks ago I was better 2 days then my period came and it came back .

I've brought pesserys and its 2 days free of bv but I know it will return.

also my bv all started because of my ex bf sperm Ive suffered for 10 years.

I'd get water infections all the time as well as bv and thrush

• Edited

i also found out that bv can be caused by abnormal cells within the cervix aka cin

its best to have a pap smear whilst having swabs done cos they can both be done in one go

• Edited

Hey again, was looking at your posts after you responded to mine. Have you tried prebiotic suppositories? Or maybe see if your gyno has any thoughts on them?.. I have read that for some women it has worked wonders in maintaining and promoting normal ph and you can use them whenever or as often as you want. I used it once and found that it irritated me but everyone is different..

• Posted

iv tried probiotics but not tried suppositories im pretty impressed with the first nights use with the clindamycin no smelly discharge no back pain but how long it will stay like this is a different storey but one nights use has made a big difference i would recommend if none of u tried this cream to give it a go iv had no side effects yet but got another 6 days to go

• Posted

thanks for the update! please let us know long term if u would still recommend

• Posted

well been i missed a dose last night but have done 3 doses so far and no discharge smell or anything all seems as normal as can be down there going to continue with the other 4 doses and then hope for the best but ye seems to have worked for now

• Edited

Yay! I hope it continues for you. My test is always after my period as it comes back 😦. Did you have the same issue in the past? I am perimenopausal and I think its tied to my hormone fluctuation.

• Posted

ye its same for me usually its worse after my period and thats due next week so will know if its gone then

• Posted

but for now iv noticed nothing the discharge looks normal for once im gonna be so miffed if it hasnt worked 😂 but will keep trying different things

• Posted

please keep me updated as i go back to my urogyn in early September. and if i still test positive for bv i will ask for something else

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.