BV for a a full year, I don't know if I'll ever feel normal again.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've tried everything. I believe all my trials in different things gotten me to a decent point. I just want to know if there is anyone out there like me. A person that after every treatment feels better but then the symptoms come back slowly. Or a person has gotten cured completely, and can tell me their secret and how normal feels like. I already lost hope and have forgotten what normal feels like in my vagina. I have good days and bad days. The good days are less than the bad. Good days are when I don't feel excess discharge coming out, when I don't have the feeling of feathers or needles playing with my vaginal lips. Bad days are when I get active like when I clean or workout and my vagina starts acting up simply because I changed cloths or started moving.

I've tried antibiotics, gels, creams, boric acid, vitamins, suppositories, hydrogen peroxide treatment and combined treatments. I try to eat as healthy as possible. But since BV just lingers there is always those bad days when you start to loose hope. Depression starts to kick in like right now. I'm only 24 and I feel dirty, like I'm never going be normal again. And old lady probably had a healthier vagina than me. I'm worried that I won't have children of my own due to fear of something going wrong. I know who reads this is looking for a cure just like me, but at this point I'm just venting. No one understands but the ladies reading this. There time when I just don't want to live anymore. Thank you for any feedback.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh sweetheart im 46 years old and went thru bv for the last 2 years...it all started after getting the i.u.d...i had gotten trick and then was told i had bv..i too metrodazle for a year then wanted a 2nd opione that doctor prescribe me 1 pill for yeast infection and it disappeared i think all the antibotics cured the bv at that time then gave me a yeast infection i didnt know the difference..at that time i was so lucky my boyfriend was so understanding.but it came back discharge sometimes cottage cheese stuff but medication after medication wet all the time i would douche alot. Just so id feel better temporaly...i decieded too have my i.u.d taken out on rhe 14th so hopefully i start feeling better ut for a month now ive been taking womens complex i got it on amazon kinda pricey but its for bv and im starting too feel better
  • Posted

Hi ,

I m sorry to hear that . I have completely the same problem for about 15 years and I m 32 now . I have tried many treatments and clinics and nothing really helped. The only thing that decreased recurrence (but didnt cute ) was probiotic with many strains of lactobacillus (acidophilus , rhamnaus , Reuters, casseri, crispatus) . These strains of lactobacillus helped some women if you take them nonstop for several months !

Try the last option ! Also after finishing taking metronidazole I didn't have an intercourse for 7 days as doctor told me and it postponed BV recurrence for a month but didn't cute it . I can't get pregnant as I treat BV every month and can't have sex ;((

Try probiotics !!! Maybe it will help u

• Posted

Hi.. Jule I understand how that feels like I'm also 24 and I have this BV for a year this really sucks sadly I can't tell you what to do since I haven't cured mine. I want to go to doc today for pap smear and pelvic exam but I'm scared. also I don't want to take more antibiotics I hope we can find way to feel better again.
  • Posted

Hello, just to tell you I have been there exactly where you are and at that point I was suffering from mixture of yeast infection+BV for 2.5 years. It has been the most misterable time in my life over anything else, and in between I also had a miscarriage at week 21 due to unknown reasons (although I am almost certain that BV did something towards it) I was at the lowest of the low and feel like this is almost like a disease with no cure and I would be having this till god knows when. Everyday I felt like it was the end because symptoms come back almost immediately after my period or after a treatment, at one pt i was at the gyn office every week still getting no relief. I also tried every treatment, antibiotics, antifungals, in gel form, in pill form, in suppository form, i also tried the acid gel with no real success. I also tried the probiotics(with Rhamnosus and Reuteri), took them everyday for about 6 months, in the end I was taking 10 pills in one day and it still didn't work!!!! One last thing i did, i also inserted the probiotics vaginally but it seems to give me more discharge.....

Little did I know this was a sign that my body was telling me that something was seriously wrong and my body was too weak to fight back. I saw a Chinese herbal doctor and it was the miracle of my life. He told me that it was poor health condition over all and that I was too weak. Funny thing - I was doing the low sugar diet with daily exercise, but I wasn't doing it right!

With some Chinese herbal remedy starting 3 months ago, plus what I think worked for me, was boric acid. I tried these two things simultaneously and I haven't visited the gyn for the past 3 months. I feel like I could breathe normally again! Boric acid everyday for 7 days when you feel the acute infection, and then one every 3 -4 days (twice per week) and I haven't stopped the boric acid maintanence yet. I plan to do it for 6 months or longer, seeing how it goes.

Hope this helps you, and gives you hope that you are def. not alone and just got to keep trying to find something that works for you! Good luck! 

• Posted

Thank you for a great advise and sharing your problem . I have BV for more than 10 years . Oral Probiotics postpone recurrence but don't cure completely . I went to a homeopathic doctor and he gave me lots of medication IV, oral and suppositories . This treatment is for 2 months with these herbal homeopathic remedies. I was thinking not to take them as they look scary but after teasing your story I ll start to take them
    • Posted

Hi Annya

The Chinese medicine actually depend on everyones unique conditions, and the doctor can prescribe the herbs accordingly. I dont know if Chinese medicine is available in your area but maybe you can try to see if there are any doctors can help. The doc didnt really treat my infection, he was actually treating my whole body. Hope this helps! There is light at end of the tunne!

• Posted

Hi

Could you please tell me contacts of your Chinese Doctor . I would appreciate !! I m ready to go even to China to get treatment !!!thanks

• Posted

Thank you ladies for all your support. Every day is a struggle, the pattern of my symptoms always change. My boyfriend always tells me that I'm getting better. But my worry is that it will never go away. I'll try to find a Chinese herbal medicine doc. I'm willing to try anything at this point.
    • Posted

jule,  My discharge varies from day to day as well. Could it be hormones? Perhaps your hormones are changing the PH of your body slightly, varying throuhgout the month.
    • Posted

I've always thought it could be my hormones but it's funny that doctors don't try to think like we do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.