BV for a a full year, I don't know if I'll ever feel normal again.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've tried everything. I believe all my trials in different things gotten me to a decent point. I just want to know if there is anyone out there like me. A person that after every treatment feels better but then the symptoms come back slowly. Or a person has gotten cured completely, and can tell me their secret and how normal feels like. I already lost hope and have forgotten what normal feels like in my vagina. I have good days and bad days. The good days are less than the bad. Good days are when I don't feel excess discharge coming out, when I don't have the feeling of feathers or needles playing with my vaginal lips. Bad days are when I get active like when I clean or workout and my vagina starts acting up simply because I changed cloths or started moving.

I've tried antibiotics, gels, creams, boric acid, vitamins, suppositories, hydrogen peroxide treatment and combined treatments. I try to eat as healthy as possible. But since BV just lingers there is always those bad days when you start to loose hope. Depression starts to kick in like right now. I'm only 24 and I feel dirty, like I'm never going be normal again. And old lady probably had a healthier vagina than me. I'm worried that I won't have children of my own due to fear of something going wrong. I know who reads this is looking for a cure just like me, but at this point I'm just venting. No one understands but the ladies reading this. There time when I just don't want to live anymore. Thank you for any feedback.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I reccommend washing up down there with a bit of baking soda paste. Just add water to some baking soda (I use a few drops of essential oils but that's totally optional as it can irritate the sensitive skin) and use it like you would any other feminine wash. It took about a week or so for the odor to completely fade, and a little while after that there won't be as much discharge. I've suffered from BV for 4 years now and it's the only thing that worked for me.
    • Posted

Baking soda is a buffer that increase ph and makes it more alkaline . It's recommended only if you have a very acidic vagina like with yeast or lactobacillus overgrowth but it doesn't work with BV .bv already has alkaline ph .so with baking soda you even worsen BV . I don't know how it can treat BV .bv needs apple cider to decrease ph to acidic level

When I used baking soda it made my BV worse

But maybe all people are different

• Posted

I know all to well how you feel. I'm 36 years old and suffered from bv for over 20 years. I tried everything as well. My obgyn said I was one of those women who constantly gets it. I felt so dirty and stinky more so after sex.

Six months ago I had to have a hysterectomy done (not related to bv), and I went in for my six week check up. I thought I had the infection, and my doctor said "I guarantee you don't have it". He took a look and said everything looked good and not to worry about getting bv again. So I guess the cure is a hysterectomy. It's not for everyone, but it worked for me.

• Posted

No I haven't but I haven't had any issues since my hysterectomy.

• Posted

I want to have children soon. So I don't know if I should even try to have a family with this. Then maybe get a hysterectomy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.