BV is driving me mad!

Posted , 46 users are following.

I've had BV a few times, and have found this is normally when I'm with a new partner. People keep talking about a fishy smell but mine doesn't smell like that. It's more like a very strong ammonia / wee smell, or sometimes a cabbagey smell...... it's just horrendous! Don't know if anyone else has had the next very strange symptom, but the discharge also seems to take the colour out of the gusset on my knickers!!! Like bleach!

I've just had a 5 day treatment of the metronadizole gel but I came on unexpectedly (a week early) on day 4 of the treatment. The chemist said I had to carry on with the treatment but that it might reduce the effects. Anyway, I finished the treatment.... then came out with thrush (common side effect) which I treated. And guess what? Now the thrush has gone i've noticed the BV is still there! Aaaaaarrrrrrgggghh! Will it never end?

Just on my way to pick up prescription for another course of the gel sad

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Exactly, i have ammonia like odor as well, same problem with undergarments as well. Its maddening, nothing has worked so far but Represh at least gets rid of odor for a few days
    • Posted

less than a minute ago

The luvena DOES work! But you HAVE TO USE IT EVERY DAY! It starves the bacteria of its food (I believe it's iron, but I could be wrong) I think that's why it gets worse when you're on your cycle. I use hydrogen peroxide & purified water 50/50 to douche with before this regimen and then Luvena for two weeks straight EVERY Night. It will be gone, I promise.

• Posted

I totally understand what you're feeling! I have tried everything in the book and I mean everything! I finally tried probiotics and I couldn't belive how much it worked. I got the gummies from Walgreens digestive advantage and began eating 2 a day and TMI but I even stuck one up my vag. (I was desperate) and no joke, it went away THAT DAY. trying to spread the word and see if it can help anyone else because oh my gosh it is awful

• Posted

Literally just come across this, I thought I was the only one! all I've read about BV is the odour is fishy, mine is exactly like yours, it's getting me down, it's so embaressing, most of my underwear has a bleached mark from it, so I don't tend to change in front of anyone because of it, I'm constantly changing my underwear because of the smell! its always worse just before & after my period, I'm at a loss at what to try, I'm 26 & its so embaressing, I'm to afraid to let anyone come near me because of the smell sad 

• Posted

This is an old thread but after reading some comments I had to make an account to say that there is something you can do from home that works. This is for anyone feeling embarrassed and insecure. It is not a long term fix but it will remove any discomfort/odour instantly.

This method seems strange. I was very hesident to try after reading about it but I'm so happy I did.

Yogurt is one of the most common home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. Yogurt contains beneficial bacteria known as lactobacillus that help fight off bad bacteria and help maintain healthy vaginal pH balance.

Dip a tampon in yogurt and put it in the vagina for one to two hours. Do this twice daily until the symptoms completely disappear.

This will also treat yeast infections.

I am not talking about the sugary youghut but a natural one that must contain lactobacillus. This method truly does work.

• Posted

There is no doubts that BV is an annoying problem in women's life. But adopting some natural methods to treat BV can be very helpful instead of spending too much money on costly medications. Also, the first step should be to keep your vaginal area clean to reduce the changes of happening this disease.

Admin: 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.