BV is driving me mad!

Posted , 46 users are following.

I've had BV a few times, and have found this is normally when I'm with a new partner. People keep talking about a fishy smell but mine doesn't smell like that. It's more like a very strong ammonia / wee smell, or sometimes a cabbagey smell...... it's just horrendous! Don't know if anyone else has had the next very strange symptom, but the discharge also seems to take the colour out of the gusset on my knickers!!! Like bleach!

I've just had a 5 day treatment of the metronadizole gel but I came on unexpectedly (a week early) on day 4 of the treatment. The chemist said I had to carry on with the treatment but that it might reduce the effects. Anyway, I finished the treatment.... then came out with thrush (common side effect) which I treated. And guess what? Now the thrush has gone i've noticed the BV is still there! Aaaaaarrrrrrgggghh! Will it never end?

Just on my way to pick up prescription for another course of the gel sad

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yessss!!! These are exactly my symptoms as well down to the "bleaching" of the panties. One thing that may help is washing with tea tree oil (maybe in your case as soon as you have a new partner) you just have to dilute it (I'm sure you can get an exact ration on Google) and it has to be pure 100% tea tree oil. The tea tree oill has antibacterial qualities that help to regulate the bacteria in your vagina...
  • Posted

Hi all,

I know this post is older- but i had questions and wanted to see if anyone would be able to give me advice or opinion!

Ive gotten BV only twice before, each time with the only symptoms being intense burning and itching, abnormal discharge and redness. Both times they cleared up...I cant remember what the first med was but the second time it happened i was prescribed flagyl.

This time the BV manifested differently; just odor! absolutely no pain, itchyness or burning. discharge did seem somewhat abnormal- but the smell is just extremely strange and strong. kind of like fish but it mostly reminds me of (sorry if this is gross) the smell of urine- and no its not urine that I smell it is in fact the discharge :p .I did visit the gynecologist yesterday, she said during the physical examination that she noticed my cervix was abnormally red.

The gynecologist gave me a free sample of clindesse, a cream rather than a pill because my red cervix (? I dont know what she meant by that.) Now, I thought she said i would have to use it for 5 to 7 days every night and it should clear up in up to a week- but everything was going so fast and every question i asked the nurse made me feel stupid and she was kind of trying to hurry me out of the office.

When i got home to use the Clindesse (right before bed), i noticed it was just a single prefilled applicator to be used one time only; i used it as directed(administered like a tampon, as far in as comfortable and pushed the plunger/injected the medication) and after i injected everything, right when i took out the applicator there was the medicated cream all over the applicator and some coming out of me making me think that not all of it was able to get in me or near my cervix.

So I was wondering if anyone had the same problem or advice? Do you think that enough of the medication was able to get in me, will it work? Really nervous sad

Thanks!

Im going to post this on a seperate page so hopefully i can get a response! 

• Posted

It's okay. this is supposed to happen. there's plenty of medication that it will get to your cervix. You're fine. 
    • Posted

thank you for the reply! my doctor only gave me one application/dose... I thought it was going to be a daily thing and was afraid that i didnt recieve enough medication. I just called my pharmacy- walgreens- and the pharmacist said it is a one time use.. so im very relieved about that!! Thanks again!
  • Posted

This thread makes me feel better.  I have had the amonia issue for about two years now.  I took a course of Flagyll last year.  I tasted metal the whole week and it came back as soon as I stopped.  My gyno gave recently me a one-time clindesse applicaror, so we shall see.  I'm waiting to use it until the probiotic I've ordered (provella) comes in so I don't end up back in the same boat.  It's expensive as hell, but it's supposed to help with all kinds of issues, so I'll let y'all know.  I know you're not supposed to have sex the week after Clindesse, but does the timing of the dose matter after sex?  Is it better to use it right after, wait a day, etc?  Thank you, ladies
  • Posted

Lord this dam BV is also ruining my life , it's redundant and ridiculous!! Ugh I can't wear leggings or thin pants and the smell man don't get me started on the smell ! It's literally driving me crazy I'm embarrassed at work , home , school , it's even gotten to the point were I have to ask my close friends "hey do you smell anything weird " the most annoying part is I still smell after I take a shower not right after but give me and hour or two and BAM There it is wet underwear and all it's the worst and I just finished taking the medicine for it! Whelp clearly that didn't work. The cold part about this is that it's natural that it happenes but so embarrassing to live with ! I'm happy I found this thread because now I don't feel so alone . I'm a 24 yr old female and never had this problem or any type a problem with hygiene until I moved. Now all of sudden keep getting this BV and it's literally driving me insane. Random rant here my toilet broke the other day and clogged my shower so skipped washing this morning (YES I KNOW WHAT A DUMASS ! ) & my Dumass thought I would be safe if I just wore and extra pair of leggings and pants over it . nope not today not to mention I wore the same underwear thinking "i should be ok " NOPE this was probably the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened of course I would do this when there's a staff meeting and I'm around everyone who works in the buliding having to listen to whispers and laughs and weird looks as if that isn't bad enough I'm also battling this bitch ass case of athletes foot also. ( they must think this bitch stink and don't shower !) I'm like well today YOU RIGHT . Lol I think i was more worried about my feet since that seems to be smeller problem , but I have a very bad habit of setting my self for sh*t I mean really but today is defiantly the end. I can't deal and also this isn't my last day of work so obviously I'm gonna have to see these people Tomorrw and now to them I'll just always be that stinky bitch . Whelp I guess I kind of deserve it since I clearly decided I wasn't going to shower this morning. I'm home from work now and just took a shower (yup my toilet was fixed ) but anyways I'm feeling a little down about it ... Witch I probably should be anyways. Whelp 🤔😩💀
    • Posted

I understand Im in my mid 20's and been dealing with BV as long as i can remember im a very clean person i lost my bf and friends b/c of it no matter what i do the embarrassing smell happens some days i just want to die people make fun of me but its something i cant help my smell isnt that bad but its bad enough if i sit down for to long the wet panties and odor happens i fell so alone if only i had a friend that relates to me i would feel much better woman i know dont have this problem and dont care to ask or tell me when the smell happens. Im the pretty smelly girl at work its embarrassing please help me i tried tea tre oil vitiamin c and e insert in my V nothing works the antibotics only work for so long then the smell comes back .

• Posted

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I would love to be your friend. Im 19 with just 3 months away from becoming a 20y old. I've been dealing with the same situation . Like you, I also feel lonely .I remember the gesture that some of my classmates would make when I entered the classroom. One kid took a picture of me and posted on social media letting people know that I smelled bad. I pretended not to see what he was doing while he took the pic. I didn't took my final exam because I didn't wanted people to sit next to me and find out that what that kid posted was true. hopefully reading my story helps you feel better because reading yours mad me know that I'm not alone . I've been also trying to look for a friend that can understand my situation.

• Posted

Hi! Im Caroline. IM also 19 im about 2 weeks from turning 20 and ive had BV for 2 1/2 years. I feel very lonely also and the smell is horrendous. its not a fishy smell like most people have. It just smells very rotten. i realised that not only did it affect my vaginal odour but also my body odour. wheneevr im out with friends i dont stay out very long because afetr a certain amount of time the odour comes back escpecially on hot days so i cant d an all day out like most gals can. whenever i start getting funky down there thats it. I get made fun of a lot and im sick and tired of it. Ive tried numorous prescribed treatment which on calms it down temporarily not even cure it it just calms it down temporarily and when the inserts and pills are finished its back to square one. Im very scared to talk to anyone about it. 

The discharge is the worst. i literally feel it rushing out of my vagina. then sometimes when i sleep at nights and when i wake in the morning i see white starchy stains on my underwear. and it smells really bad. sometimes my discharge is watery like milk and sometimes it feels and looks like paste. It doesnt sting neither does it burn but occasionally i feel slight tingles not really an itch but just a tingly feeling near the

opeing of my vagina for a couple seconds sometimes for a minute then it goes away and that occurs once every 3 days. 

Trust me i feel your pain. 

• Posted

How is your diet?

Do you eat healthy or a lot of junk food?

Also have you tried taking any types of probiotics for this issue? Maybe you should start taking probiotics and multi vitamims

• Posted

Thank you,and I hope we get better soon. Feeling lonely is the worst part god I wish there's a way to tx each other & know how our day was.

• Posted

Happy New Year everyone!!!

I dont eat  lot of junk food. my diet is great actually. So i just spent my new years eve at the doctors office. I got some meds i researched them and theyre very specific to BV. The medication prescribed to me are:

1. Miconazole and Metronidazole gel ( Inserts specifically for BV)

2. Denvar 400mg( also refered to as cefixime)

3. Miconazole-pms 500mg ( the pill version of the insert listed in number one)

4. Zimax 500mg (pill used for infections such as std's, hiv, BV those kind of stuff just infections in ur genital area in general) 

in addition i akso got some pain pills because theres severe pain in my womb are whihc the doctor said is a result of my infection i have a swolen lymph node in the groin area. 

i also did an ultra sound after the consultation i have no cysts everything in my cervix and my womb area is perfectly fine and normal so its really just the infection i want to get rid of. 

• Posted

Hey love, i found a temporary way to stop the odour n u cn try as well.  i did last night. after i found this forum a day ago i went searching for home rememdies and i saw apple cidar vinegar among other but apple cidar vinegar was all i had so i used it. I halfed a much with room temperature water and i added almost the same amount of apple cidar vinegar to the water and mixed it. I took a shower and afterwards i lay fin my bath as if i were giving birthn spread my legs and i poured the mixture from my clit dowards that way some gets into my vagina and some washes the outside infected area as well. i lay the for a while about 10 minutes. ( it didnt burn at all) 

Afterwards i washed my vagina very lightly not too much just a quick little rinse so the mixture isnt completely gone n by then some of it is inside. Then for all of lastnight i had no discharge at all my vagina felt the way it did when i was younger and a virgin almost like it was a perfect vagina. no odour nothing but then i woke up this morning before i went to the doctor  and there was discharge but no odour. then by midday a little odour but it wasnt a horrid as before. 

Just a temporary tip incase you want to go out and hang but ur scared u might smell or get funky because of the bv the apple cidar vinegar and water mixture should hold it off for a good 10 hours or so.   =)

• Posted

Thank you so much 😇 . I'll try it tomorrow morning before I go to school. And let you know if it worked out for me.

• Posted

Hello, I know this was a couple months ago but I just wanted to know if the apple vinegar helped in any way?

Thanks 😊

• Posted

Hi Caroline, i had the exact same symptoms, it is not bv. You probably have non infectious cervicitis. This is caused by ectropion of the cervix (look it up on the internet). When the ectropion gets inflamed (not necessarily because of bacteria) it causes the horrible discharge and the awfull rotten/ammonia smell. It could ofcourse be a combination of ectropion and bv. Your doctor should check you for bv, treat you for bv and after that treat the ectropion. Mine was cauterised. It is a short surgical procedure done under local anesthesia where they burn away the damaged tissue so it can be replaced by healthy tissue.

Trust me, ask your doctor about it.

• Posted

I agree with everything you wrote up symptoms and everything ... Have you found any type of relief I have Been struggling with this scince November ? I hate it so much, Iv been to the gyno so many time and all the antibiotics have done nothing to help me it always comes back
    • Posted

Have you ever tried coconut oil . It gives me maybe a day or 2 of relief but soaking a tampon in coconut oil and then sleeping with it in overnight has helped me 
    • Posted

For a recent very strong case of BV, I tried taking 

2 Vitamin C1000 (to strengthen the immune system and make the vagina more acidic as it should be which balance the bacteria ratio)

AND

Walgreens Yeast Relief homeopathic pills (for the odor and disharge)

Thr choice came from my observation during a detox of the vitamin c1000 with echinacea and goldenseal pills. I noticed my vagina began to feel more acidic which is a good thing since BV has an alkaline feeling so it’s not fighting the bacteria that creates the smell and allowing it to grow too much.

I don’t know the long term effects since I randomly discovered this solution but I do think it’s worth a try to see if it works for you too. The body is self healing, we are not getting the proper nutrients from food these days which is needed to kickstart the body to repair damaged tissue and cells and fight bacteria. 

So get the body built up on vitamin c1000 and also use Walgrens homeopathic yeast relief pills for the odor. It should help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.